Page 1 of 318 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Me and Murphy

Flock Guardian (Moderator) Terry's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Me and Murphy

here we are last week when i was trying to figure out why the electric fence didnt work when i took him out back.

i think he realized i was reading the instruction book..
    cause he ended up not being too impressed

Terry
    Last edited by Terry; 05-26-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Davey Benson's Avatar

Davey Benson`s Photos

I just hate it when people try to read over my shoulder.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

Old Dawg (Senior Member) grtpyrlvr's Avatar

grtpyrlvr`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    here we are last week when i was trying to figure out why the electric fence didnt work when i took him out back.
    He was just trying to help you Dad! My pyrs are very helpful like that. They like to lay in m lap when I am trying to read. Pet me while I am doing laundry etc.
    Mommy to Sunny (White Shepherd), Delaney (Pyr/Askbash), Yogi (Pyr/Karakachan?), and Nell (Pyrennes)

My Gang
    R.I.P. Winter you will be missed.... 8/5/2011

Default uh oh!!!

i warned him

my wife had to go into town today and she put a roast in some kind of electric cooker.
    well, after it was served guess who got on the counter and stole the rest?

here he is about 30 seconds after the caper..the cats are just giggling their butts off

Jewel`s Photos

Ha, Christmas dinner 2008, Bijou was 6 months old. We were at my sister's, with guests. Dinner was rib roast. After dinner, while family and guests were in the den relaxing, Bijou came jogging into the room with a big chunk of something reddish in her mouth and proceeded to lay down on the beanbag in the middle of the room to eat the rest of the roast in front of guests Unlike Murphey, she didn't look a bit contrite!

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

ha ha...mine pulled a placemat as pup causing a plate or something to crash and tat was the last time. and yes, they do try to be helpful, same like thier pyr-creative creations wit landscape or interior design

Old Dawg (Senior Member) grtpyrlvr's Avatar

grtpyrlvr`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by pyr haven
    ha ha...mine pulled a placemat as pup causing a plate or something to crash and tat was the last time. and yes, they do try to be helpful, same like thier pyr-creative creations wit landscape or interior design

All our Pyrs have been huge helps with the landscaping. They like to move the grass and the river rocks around. My favortie is when they help me to move the dirt from point A (The lawn) to point B (the stone patio).
    Mommy to Sunny (White Shepherd), Delaney (Pyr/Askbash), Yogi (Pyr/Karakachan?), and Nell (Pyrennes)

My Gang
    R.I.P. Winter you will be missed.... 8/5/2011

Default hurt

we were over on the farm lastnite and the farmers grandchildren are on march break,
    the one little girl likes to drive his electric scooter around the yard, as he is 80 and cant walk all that great.
    anyways Murphy was playing with his dog and didnt see her coming, ended up clipping his back leg he cried for quite awhile and i thought the worst
    after about 5 min he settled down enough for me to check him out and he seemed fine, i kinda think it scared him more than hurt him.

he just woke me up and is not limping and let me rub it so i think he is alright but will keep an eye on him.
    like i said somewhere here on the board before,he seems very easy to make cry?
    especially if i put a leash on him

Terry

Road Dawg

susun`s Photos

Had some landacaping done when I had just one Pyr. Large stone patio area with bushes just around the edges by the house. Thought the stone patio might feel cool and she would like to lay there. Needless to say she preferred the dirt around the edges so...no more bushes!

Default burs

out on the farm today and boy did he ever get into the burs
    he did this when he was little and wasnt a big deal getting him cleaned up.

but this took me quite awhile to get him done.
    is there a better way than using one of my wifes good combs??? wont say what she said when she seen me using it

didnt use them, but will his hair grow back normal if i get the scissors out?

thanks eh

Terry