Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) ragingbull83's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

ragingbull83`s Photos

Default Great Pyr making Bear noises

George has been making Bear noises when he wants me to get him a treat or go out the last few months?
    I'm talking to a T I didnt know if there was a Grizzley outside my door or what anybody elses Pyr ever do that?
    Kenny G,

Old Dawg (Senior Member) ad_mn81's Avatar

ad_mn81`s Photos

Bear noises as in like a growl? Mine lets out a pretty pathetic bark when he wants to go out, but has a big one when he wants to come back in

Our dog TJ talks to us all the time when ever he wants something, a treat, attention or to go outside it is adorable, He also throws his head around it is so funny like a kid trying so hard to get our attention. Very unique animals we love this breed!

I've heard bear sounds too! But I think I've taught him those sounds by accident. I'm really cranky in the morning, and whenever someone tries to wake me up, I growl in a kind of whiney tone (And swipe at the intruder, my poor fiance has been hit in the eye by my flailing arms) and snarl like a wounded bear. I really don't being woken up! But a few days ago, Steve heard Kuma start to make those same sounds, he looked over and Kuma was just lying there on his back, with his paws up in the air, waking up from a nap.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Polar dose this all the time, whenever he wants to go outside
    he'll go to the door and just growl, like a muffled growl. If you
    ignor him he comes up to you a d paws at you, growls until
    you finally give in and let him out for the hundrerhs time so he
    can go sit out in cold wind and stare just waiting for something to bark
    at!
    Robin
    Robin

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

if we rub joy's ears, the closer to her head the better, she will push her head into us and stand perfectly still and growl like a bear, not a dog-noise. pretty funny. and by the way, she did not like berr, just made her sneeze. haha

Old Dawg (Senior Member) ragingbull83's Avatar

ragingbull83`s Photos

Well Milu your Husband sounds like an easy going guy because i gotta tell ya i wake up to some gal growling at me or flailing arms ill put her outside too with george bin the morning LOL

Its not a Growl its like a grown his growl is scary stuff man. This is like when bears are going threw the trash the sound they make? Think hes been watching animal planet.

I believe that are Great Pyrs learn by watching us King George is always watching exactley what i do and they are quick learners just wanting to teach him to drive next LOL
    Kenny G,

Well, I'll lie next to him fine all night (though I'm a bed and blanket hog) and I wake up instantly if it's alarm going off, but it's only when he shakes me that I get so grumpy! Steve finds it pretty amusing that little old me (I'm only five feet tall!) will act so ferocious.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Missy makes a weird huffing sound when she wants outside. It's not a growl or a whine. She puffs her cheeks in and out and kinda huffs. It's weird to hear but it works when I hear it I get up and then let her out.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) PyrDad's Avatar

Former Great Pyrenees Owner

PyrDad`s Photos

When Cheval wants out, he first looks you in the eye, extectantly. Then, if you ignore him, he touches your elbow with his nose. If you still don't heed him, the prince grabs your elbow {gently} and heads for the door.
    The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.