Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

love Zoie's "seductive" look....she's a very beautiful girl,
    and congratulations on her graduation...way to go girls!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Lancelot's Avatar

Lancelot`s Photos

What a very pretty girl Zoe is. Congrats to the graduate!
    [IMG]joans hom coming 130.JPG[/IMG]

Janet`s Photos

Thank you! She did great in obedience classes, she picked up everything before every dog there, very fast learner. We have always had collies, Zoie is our first Pyr. She is so different. It is almost like having a human child. You can actually see her thinking about things, lol. We have completely fallen in love with this breed. I know she won't be the last Great Pyrenees in our lives.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Rebbetzin's Avatar

Rebbetzin`s Photos

Just for grins we stopped by the vet's office to check Cherokee's weight yesterday.
    93.6 lbs. at 8 months old.
    He is not fat... just a big healthy pup.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5 26 15 Standing up 03 email.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	7048
    Last edited by Rebbetzin; 08-26-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Annabel is 42 lbs at 18 weeks!
    This is her growth chart:

15 lbs at 8 weeks
    19 lbs at 11 weeks
    35 lbs at 15 weeks
    42 lbs at 18 weeks (now)

I'm very curious about what size she'll end up at. She's in very good physical condition, not under or over weight for her frame.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Christi`s Photos

At almost 10 months Apollo weighs a whopping 107 pounds. Can still feel his ribs so we are right on track So much for being puny and behind the curve!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    At almost 10 months Apollo weighs a whopping 107 pounds. Can still feel his ribs so we are right on track So much for being puny and behind the curve!
    Must have been that delicious loaf of bread that pushed him up to that whopping number! I knew Apollo would rally under the excellent care of his loving mom.

Christi`s Photos

Yeah that and home cooked meals, good kibbles and extra cookies! We have days where he isn't interested in food but mostly he maintains a good appetite. Specially if any food gets left on the counter! He is bad with the counter surfing, and will eat just about anything. Most days I love him to bits, but I have to admit there are days that he pushes my buttons in a major way. The barking is escalating, I keep telling myself that its a stage and it will pass but it is really hard to believe it right now!

Road Dawg

Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    Yeah that and home cooked meals, good kibbles and extra cookies! We have days where he isn't interested in food but mostly he maintains a good appetite. Specially if any food gets left on the counter! He is bad with the counter surfing, and will eat just about anything. Most days I love him to bits, but I have to admit there are days that he pushes my buttons in a major way. The barking is escalating, I keep telling myself that its a stage and it will pass but it is really hard to believe it right now!
    Glad to hear your dog is doing well and putting good size on, especially with your stories of a rough start.

I feel your pain with the counter surfing, although Kcoda is good about getting down when told to do so. We gave up on keeping him off the couch, we put up a strong fight, but he won out. I'll sacrifice the couch, however, the bed is another story and I shall not lose that battle.

We need to weigh Kcoda again, he's approaching the 5mon mark fast. I have been out of town for the last week and has definitely changed size wise. We're monitoring his food intake by "rib poke" and he seems to be fine. However, I would like to know what exactly we should be feeding him. Usually it's 2.5-3 cups twice daily. He devours everything we put out for him, but I'm not sure if it's because we use to take the bowl away when he didn't eat all his food as a smaller pup or he needs more food. Is it worth trying to feed him more to see if he self regulates or do we keep it as is and feed him his allotted amount?

Christi`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by TheBradley's View Post
    Glad to hear your dog is doing well and putting good size on, especially with your stories of a rough start.

I feel your pain with the counter surfing, although Kcoda is good about getting down when told to do so. We gave up on keeping him off the couch, we put up a strong fight, but he won out. I'll sacrifice the couch, however, the bed is another story and I shall not lose that battle.

We need to weigh Kcoda again, he's approaching the 5mon mark fast. I have been out of town for the last week and has definitely changed size wise. We're monitoring his food intake by "rib poke" and he seems to be fine. However, I would like to know what exactly we should be feeding him. Usually it's 2.5-3 cups twice daily. He devours everything we put out for him, but I'm not sure if it's because we use to take the bowl away when he didn't eat all his food as a smaller pup or he needs more food. Is it worth trying to feed him more to see if he self regulates or do we keep it as is and feed him his allotted amount?
    That sounds like the right amount. I feed apollo 4 cups of kibble and 2 cups of his home cooked stew a day. Now I could free feed him, but not my other dog. She will eat till she can't hold anymore and pukes. I don't know that you could actually free feed him at this point or not. I got Roxy in Feb and stopped the free feeding then. She was and is still a bit chubby and we can't leave any food down with her around. Apollo eats pretty quickly and a few times I was worried that he might still be hungry so gave him a little bit more and he wasn't interested in it at all. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge will add to this.