Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

i'm saying this in a friendly way--how could you not know they got that big?
    he's probably going to be about 110 lbs. at a year old. bet he's gorgeous!

Young Dawg (Member)

Just last Friday we had our Pyr, River weighed. At just short of 8 month's, he now weights in at 97 lbs. He only has a thin layer of fat over the ribs.

Young Dawg (Member) Dreamweaverrdc's Avatar

Abbey, is 5 months old now and she's between 50-55 lbs, and gaining everyday

Puppy (New Member)

My puppy Zeus was very emaciated when I got him home, but eventually gained around 10 lb for every month he was until 9 months old when he weighed 87lb. Since 10 months old he slowed down to 92lb. 12 months 100lb.
    Now at 13 months 102lb. He is an Anatolian Pyrenees. That is Great Pyrenees mother and Anatolian Shepherd father.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Quote Originally Posted by dsloveswva
    i'm saying this in a friendly way--how could you not know they got that big?
    he's probably going to be about 110 lbs. at a year old. bet he's gorgeous!

I know they get big, but everything I read about them states males will be about 130-140, but George is 184lbs!! Wow! Just curious was George neutered?
    Robin
    Robin

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Sabby is 19 mts old, we haven't weighed him for a couple months, but he hasn't gained a whole lot since then...probably weighs near 100 lb. He's a tall, lean guy.
    If you ask my hubby though, he'll always say Sabby weighs about 10 to 15 more lb than he actually does, LOL, I think it's a guy thing.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

yeah George's dad..............
    we're Curious about George.
    LOL, just a play on words.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Little Missy is a little short of 6 months old and she weighs 60lbs currently. She is a Pyrenees/Bernese Mountain dog mix.

Road Dawg

2 weeks ago, we got two pyr pups. They are now 10 weeks. One of the boys is about 22 pounds while the other is 14 pounds, on a good day. They both are a good weight for their size, although the smaller could gain a few pounds on to his frame and still be on target for his size. We hate wet food, but the smaller gets it mixed in because of the extra calcium, so that he will catch up. Could there be an actual problem as to why he isn't growing barely any, or will he just be a small pyr? The mom weighed 100 and the dad weighed 165. We have a vet appt in 2 weeks for the 12 weeks shots so I will be sure to ask the vets opinion as well. Just hoping that someone had a similar experience!

Kuma@ 9 weeks- 24 pounds
    It's been over 3 weeks since we weighed him (I don't even have a scale in the house!)
    I'm starting to think that he's pretty big for his age after looking at other people's puppy pictures. Both his parents were around 125, but his head just looks bigger than those of his siblings. I know he's not fat because I can feel his ribs and see the curve of his hips, so I guess I'm in for a big dog!
    Visual aid: I took this just now, I gave him a stuffed kong to keep him busy while I was building a cat tree. That kong is the large size, roughly 4 and a half inches.