Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Talking

Axel is just turning 10 months and is 115lbs but people think he is bigger and guess 150-175. They do seem to grow right in front of you from morning to evening some times. Axel got to a point and got a little fat but then got taller and longer. We know he is big and we love that but one day someone was walking up the driveway and he must have wanted to really impress on them not to and stood on his back feet up against the window and I swear his head was at the top of the window and I was shocked by that, so it is also the lenght of these dogs that is great as well. and if you saw that in the window you would not come in uninvited.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) ragingbull83's Avatar

ragingbull83`s Photos

I bet Axel will be a big boy like George is John 115 at that age going to be massive. I agree with you about the size but what is really amazing that i havent seen other breeds of dogs do is that they can put that huge body in the smallest spaces.
    They Curl up like snakes and you dont realize what a huge bear untill they sit up George will sometimes curl up in the passenger floor board i was amazed the first time he did it absolutley amazing animal.
    Kenny G,

Jewel`s Photos

I am in for the smallest pyr. Bijou is 14 months and weighs 68 lbs (about 26 inches tall). George would 2.5 Bijous put together

Puppy (New Member)

my jethro at 14 months was 120, i have not had him weighed for a few months now so i am sure he is a few pounds heavier.
    he really doesnt eat very much, 1 can of pedigree and a cup of dry food in the morning, and 2 cups of dry food in the evening - good quality dry food though.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

stats on my joy--8 lbs. at 8 weeks, brought her home from virginia to florida
    in an a/c jeep, stopped in charlotte overnight at a (good) friend's. now at 15 months she's about 105-108 lbs, sometimes she gained 5 lbs. a week and would be bigger in the evening than when i left in the morning! she ate ice from a small cup the whole way home and STILL loves ice. her dad is 180 lbs., her mom about 130, gorgeous dogs. she's still growing and i figure she'll end up 120-130 lbs.,maybe a little more. people say 'oh, what a huge dog!' but she's who she's supposed to be! my love seat is in front of the living room window; when she's alerted to something and gets up on it into the window, she's about 8 feet tall. okay with me! she's doing her job--guarding!
    we are definitely safe!

Hi folks, been gone for awhile... Sammie will be 4 months old on Friday 9/4 and he weighed in at 47 lbs last week at the vet... guess I should update his picture as he now looks more like a bear in the face than a dog!

Road Dawg

Frosty just came back from the vet today weighing in at 45lbs at 5 months. I'm wondering if he's underweight for his age? He's been eating science diet puppy food that is high in calcium (the vet said it would be good for his growing bones since he'll be a big boy) but I'm wondering if I should switch him to a high protein instead of high calcium?

I have been feeding Solid Gold Wolf Cub large breed puppy food to Hopper (pricey!!), well worth it (1st 2 ingredients are bison and salmon). Hopper's not too heavy, but tall! at 14 weeks was (if I measured correctly) 19" at the hips.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Rebelmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budsprout
    Frosty just came back from the vet today weighing in at 45lbs at 5 months. I'm wondering if he's underweight for his age? He's been eating science diet puppy food that is high in calcium (the vet said it would be good for his growing bones since he'll be a big boy) but I'm wondering if I should switch him to a high protein instead of high calcium?
    Rebel was always about the same ten lb. weight increment as the amount of months old up until about 8 or 9 months. In other words, at 3 months he weighed 30 lbs. 4 months, 40 lbs. and so on then he started slowing up as he approached a year and at 18 months he weighed around 110 and when I took him to the vet today at age 20 months he suddenly went through a growth spurt and now weighs 120. I think Frosty sounds like he's right on track with his weight, better not to gain too fast. Rebel acts like he doesn't even have an appetite half the time so I was really surprised today to see that he gained ten lbs. especially in the hot Las Vegas heat this summer!! Rebel eats EVO which is high protein but mostly because he seems to have better stools on that than any other food we have tried.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

I have a 5 1/2 month old male, Polar He is now about 65-70 lbs
    I ca t beleive how big George is! I didnt know they got that
    big?!