Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) ragingbull83's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

ragingbull83`s Photos

Wink

That is one Great looking pup Bunchie.

Kate LOL Those big teeth and jaws and massive size arnt for eating salad they will kill if it comes down to protecting you or their livestock a sad truth. And im happy to know it helps me sleep better at night.
    Kenny G,

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

boy, i've gotta get some photos of my joy on here; she's gorgeous. her dad is 180 lbs. as well, his name is wy-o, he's a hunk of burning love. the breeders told me that joy was alpha when i first got her at 7 1/2 weeks, guess they knew what they were talking about because now at 14 months she's a love but has ongoing food agression issues and is pushing the dominance issue with me; i'm having a trainer come to my house soon. by the way, i also remembering that a pyr that is a flock guardian generally can't and won't be a family/house pet due to the prior mentioned reasons. anyway, talk to y'all later!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) ragingbull83's Avatar

ragingbull83`s Photos

Wink

Yea George is the same 180 lbs and a breeder dog but the previous owner bread him i havent yeat like to get some puppys of my own if i can find a female for him that has all the paperwork. Trouble is I love Gps so much might just keep all 12 and not sell any never know where your puppies are going crazy world out there.
    Anyways getting to the point George has the same stud like behavior everytime we go to the Dog park the female dogs just come over and lay down and turn over for him LOL wow a male dogs life must be a lot nicer then being human lol.
    Theres not one person that wont stop to pet him jogging biking or what feel like im driving a Ferrari when i walk my Gp lol maybe get one of those someday too.
    Kenny G,

Puppy (New Member)

Default New Puppy

I'm picking up my male Pyr puppy in 10 days....any advice for the first couple of days and night?

The Big Dawg (Administrator) risestar's Avatar

risestar`s Photos

A big crate and a good set of ear plugs, because you wont be getting a lot of sleep the first week with crate training and letting the pup out every 3-4 hours to pee...

Quote Originally Posted by DrABS27
    I'm picking up my male Pyr puppy in 10 days....any advice for the first couple of days and night?
    Last edited by risestar; 07-28-2009 at 08:25 PM.

Hey all... when we first brought home Samson, we put him in a crate and he did pretty well. He still whines sometimes when he has to go in at night. He's been sleeping outside lately because of the heat. I feed him in his crate with the door open so he still feels like its a good place to be. I know what you mean about everyone wanting to stop and see them... last night I was out walking Sam and a women stopped in her van and asked what kind of dog he was. When I told her she was so excited and she told me that she had one growing up and used to ride it in her backyard! Then tonight a family in a van stopped and asked about him. I keep telling my boys to take him on more walks...

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

just some basic advice from a novice great pyrenees lover--please spay or neuter your friend while young, unless you are a knowledgable,responsible breeder--what's the point of those raging hormones? do your homework about the breed, it will absolutely pay off. if they have lots of room,what a bonus! give them your heart, with exercise, discipline and affection, in that order. your new best friend is arriving soon! god bless!

Young Dawg (Member)

Default Sugar

Hi, I am new to the forum and also a first time Pry owner. My baby is 8 weeks and either a super actress or just the best puppy there ever was. I'm using a crate and she is doing well with it. No whining or barking and sleeps through the night which I find unbelievable!!! As it is very hot here yet she found a spot in the far back corner of the garage and spreads out there and just watches the day go by. She has toys but they stay in her crate and she seems to prefer sticks when outside. Such a laid back gal and so sweet she just melts your heart. So.............I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she stays that way. Tail waggin and carefree!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Topper's Avatar

Topper`s Photos

My male topper is our first Pyr. If you have any question ask on this site. The people on here are great. They start changing at the age of 6 months and Up. They love to be loved. Mine is just being a big love bug here these the month.
    He is doing a lot more grown up thinking.
    Last edited by Topper; 09-29-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

hi--totally agree with jewel about this site and the folks on it. have gotten some good advice, and i love the common love for our pyrs. ok, two questions; i'm still having skin issues with my 16 month old joy--have her on an 'allergy formula' wheat-free diet, including her treats. brush her twice a week, and she's indoors about 80% of the time. she gets a bath once a month with malaseb, an antimicrobial. i am open to homeopathic remedies, too.
    the second thing is--my daughter works here at the s.p.c.a. in largo, florida.
    she called me yesterday because a great pyrenees was brought in, surrendered by the owner for 'agression'. that's all the information i have. as soon as i'm allowed i'm going to go take a look at him; meanwhile i'm thinking of contacting a local pyr rescue group if i can. any ideas? thanks and peace.