Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Hi! My name is Gilly, and I was born 24 June, 2017. Humans came to my farm when I was 6 weeks old. I thought I was going to live here on the farm forever, and watch over the chickens and goats, just as my mother and father do. Instead, I was carried off by 3 big humans, who a little human in tow. They took me out of my barn, and straight into a big tub of warm water. I had to be soaped up 3 times before they thought I was clean. Since I didn't know them, and wasn't sure what was expected of me, I was on my best behavior. I must admit I was a little frightened. After the bath, they pointed a noisy thing at me that blew out warm air, and brushed my fur until I was dry. Then they fed me, and put me to bed. The bed was enormous, and two of the big humans slept with me.

A few days later, they put me in the big box that they took me away from the farm in, and took me to a place where there were other dogs barking, cat's meowing, and people talking. They put me up on a big table, poked and prodded me, stuck something very sharp in my butt, and clipped my nails. It was rather exhausting, so when we got back to the place the humans call home, I took a nap.

I've learned that my humans names are mama, pop pop, bubby, and Pickle. Pickle, as of yesterday, only weighs one more pound than me, but he's a little taller, at 3'4". Yesterday, the doctor told me that I weigh 37lbs. I understand that I'm supposed to be his, but the big humans won't let me play with him yet. They say my teeth are too sharp. I'm trying very hard to learn not to bite, because I think that once I'm completely house broken, and I can control the urge to bite, I'm going to be able to sleep in Pickles room.

I have to go now, because it's time for bubby to come home. She always puts the leash on me, grabs a bag of treats, and takes me for a walk. She's teaching me to stop, sit, and look before crossing the street. She's also socializing me with the neighbors that I will see most days, so I know who I can trust if they come to my new home. I'll be back soon to tell you more of my adventures.

Sincerely,
    Gilly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gilly Mud.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	9126  

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Oh, my, Gilly! You are super cute! Iím glad you joined the forum! I am looking forward to hearing more about you and your humans!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Welcome Gilly & humans!!

you are beautiful....clean or with a bit of dirt!!

I'll bet you're gonna love this new life with this family...please keep us informed on how you are lovin' life!

Nancy & Rudy

Puppy (New Member)

I have come to the conclusion that the humans are not the boss at all. The cat is. I'll know for sure when he stops smacking me and gives me treats.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Gilly (and family) welcome you should talk to my Zech about Kitties... My Siamese male is his buddy and they play and snuggle and kiss... we give them both the same kind of treats and goodies too... THEN there is the FEMALE cat who will launch 3 ft to punch out the pup... He does not know what to think of kitties at all... Welcome and we look forward to seeing many more pictures of your adventures!

Puppy (New Member)

Default New GP owner

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kieva.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	9164
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kai.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	9165

Hi, my name is Cindy and I'm a new GP addict. lol My babies will come home next Friday, and I am so excited to introduce Kieva and Kai to our family, and all of you! I've been lurking here for a bit and learned a lot from all of the discussions. These two are allegedly GP and Karakachan mix, their Dad looks like a GP, Mom like a Karakachan, but I think they look like the perfect addition to our family. We have a standard Yorkie who is almost 17 years old and is honestly not going to be with me that much longer :'( who I have raised from the age of 8 weeks, and we have a rescue miniature doxie who is about 12 years old, we've had him for almost 4 years now. These pups should help me get through the tough time coming with my yorkie, and I have a feeling the doxie will continue to be the 'man' of the house, he rules the roost! I am looking forward to having an appropriate place to ask all of the questions that I'm sure will pop up in raising these pups, and getting to know you.