PDA

View Full Version : Odd login behavior

Sasha is my pyr
02-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Okay...not sure where to post this but hoping the mods can help me. When I go to the Site it shows me already logged on but with a different name. It has happened twice now and both times has been the same user name. I hope this is okay to post....the user name is skaelin. I'm puzzled by this. I'm hoping you guys can figure this out and resolve. Thanks, Andrew.

risestar
02-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Is this other username, one that is not known to you. There are a few people that lost their password and so registered another user name. I would suggest that you clean out your browser cache, there may be some cookies in there that are causing that.

Okay...not sure where to post this but hoping the mods can help me. When I go to the Site it shows me already logged on but with a different name. It has happened twice now and both times has been the same user name. I hope this is okay to post....the user name is skaelin. I'm puzzled by this. I'm hoping you guys can figure this out and resolve. Thanks, Andrew.

Sasha is my pyr
02-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Is this other username, one that is not known to you. There are a few people that lost their password and so registered another user name. I would suggest that you clean out your browser cache, there may be some cookies in there that are causing that.

You are correct, I do not know this user at all. Most times I am on my tablet and the cookies and cache get deleted every time I close my browser. I have had this now 4 or 5 times and when I open the Site I am logged in as this other user. I have access to everything. Once I log out then close out the page for the Site and re-open all is good. I log in under my name.

SebastiansMom
02-15-2016, 07:49 PM
I just had this happen to me in my iPad. The welcome message at the top had my username, but the user CP on the left hand side of the screen said Callie's Mom, and had her avatar.

I signed out, cleared cookies, and signed back in!