PDA

View Full Version : When the site goes down

Skippy
05-04-2015, 12:59 PM
When the site goes down would it be possible to send an email with information to the membership as to how long, if ever. I know that you are working hard to get it back up, but maybe one of the other admins could keep us up to date on the situation. We all have an email address that we registered with. You should be able to send a mass mailing. Provided it is not cost prohibited.

Just a thought.

Tsunibear
05-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Only Risestar would be able to do that I believe. He is the only one who can access the boards when they go down.

Skippy
05-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Tbear, don't know how this site works and who has the keys to what. The thank you for getting back up was to Risestar, and Red and Terry. So was thinking they all have access to most of the info. Terry and Red might not have enough authority to work on the board itself, but can do many things, including sending out emails to members.
Is this forum Risestars? Don't know all the ins and outs.

Tsunibear
05-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Terry and Red were locked out just like we were though. Only Red can access it when the Sucuri Cloud is acting up. Red and Terry posted about that in a different thread.

Chicag0_Red
05-05-2015, 04:51 AM
Terry and Red were locked out just like we were though. Only Red can access it when the Sucuri Cloud is acting up. Red and Terry posted about that in a different thread.

Actually only RiseStar can get to the actual server or Sucuri Cloud back-ends. At that point Terry and I just put our ban-hammers down and wait like the rest of you.:playball:

risestar
05-27-2015, 09:04 AM
With all the spambots and hackers out there, it gets difficult to keep things running smoothly sometimes. We had to set up the firewall as the site was getting regular spam and DOS attacks, and sometimes the attacks also trigger auto blocks from the webhost when things get bad, which is the firewall blocked screen that had been up. Many times I am not immediately aware of the problem until a day or so later as theres no notifications of blocking, so if people can email me at risestar9999@gmail.com if the problem re-occurs, I can get it addressed a lot faster

When the site goes down would it be possible to send an email with information to the membership as to how long, if ever. I know that you are working hard to get it back up, but maybe one of the other admins could keep us up to date on the situation. We all have an email address that we registered with. You should be able to send a mass mailing. Provided it is not cost prohibited.

Just a thought.