PDA

View Full Version : Sucuri Cloud preventing me from viewing the site

ecfinn
05-22-2014, 05:58 AM
Is anyone else getting error messages from Sucuri Cloud saying you can't access the site? Is that a local problem or is it setup on the forum end of things. I've been getting them randomly for the past 3 days.

MBHfromNH
05-22-2014, 06:58 AM
I also got that a couple of times. I figured the site was overwhelmed with those spammers logging on. :bump2:

Chicag0_Red
05-22-2014, 08:53 AM
It is a software firewall setting to help with the spamming, I do know that RiseStar is working on that stuff, so I can just ask you to continue to be patient. I get the same thing sometimes myself.

Davey Benson
05-22-2014, 09:07 AM
The site is so popular, everybody want's to join! :party:

Tsunibear
06-01-2014, 12:30 AM
I had that issue a couple of times. Patience made perfect. Then I got a 509 Bandwidth exceeded for about three days.

nick's spirit
06-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Had the "509 Bandwith exceeded" message since last Wednesday...finally came back up...
thank you Risestar!

Davey Benson
06-01-2014, 02:29 PM
This sites never been so glitchy. I was wondering after a few days if Risestar forgot to pay the light bill.

ecfinn
06-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Right now is the first time I've been able to access it for probably a week now. First I got 3 days of bandwidth exceeded messages and then I got the Sucuri cloud messages since Monday. Let's see how long it works this time...

nick's spirit
06-04-2014, 09:11 AM
It's been on & off for me too ecfinn...don't know the reason...
agree, let's see how long it lasts this time
Risestar, can you give us any insight as to why this is happening & what, if anything, we can do about it?

Tsunibear
06-04-2014, 03:35 PM
I am pretty sure it has to do with the firewall being up due to the spammers. I think it's more work on Terry, Red and Risestar if we lower it but, we had less issues. If we could make Terry and Red clones we wouldn't have an issue.

risestar
06-04-2014, 04:08 PM
The site had been under bot attack a couple weeks ago, so we filtered it through a firewall, which solved the bot attack problem, however there are some problems with the firewall now it seems, I am working with their tech support to get it resolved.

It's been on & off for me too ecfinn...don't know the reason...
agree, let's see how long it lasts this time
Risestar, can you give us any insight as to why this is happening & what, if anything, we can do about it?

nick's spirit
06-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Thanks so much risestar, interesting how this forum & the people on it have become part of a routine for me, and I did miss it when I wasn't able to connect with them!
I do appreciate all the work that you, and Terry & Red do for this forum

Jewel
06-06-2014, 03:09 PM
In the last days I've been getting the message that the "server is not responding".

Chicag0_Red
06-06-2014, 04:56 PM
In the last days I've been getting the message that the "server is not responding".

Yeah that is related to the firewall issues as well. The "sucuri firewall" acts like a proxy so it gets confused sometimes and doesn't know how to find the proper server from what some of my security guys tell me. (I am not related to risestar or sucuri, but, I do work in the industry and with similar software filtering firewalls) I am sure risestar and sucuri's tech monsters will get it all straightened out ... sometimes it is something as simple as an out of place punctuation mark. So please be patient and persistent ... Terry and I will try and keep the spammers at bay while risestar and the gang try and get the stability issues taken care of then we can all go back to being one big happily dysfunctional family and if you have connectivity issues be that like big white Pyr you love so much and keep trying until you get the result you want. (ie check back often):crutch: