PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness with logging in?

SebastiansMom
05-17-2014, 07:41 PM
The other day, it looked like we were attacked by a bunch of SpamBots. Yuck, and thank you, admins, for keeping them at bay.

Ever since then, when I log in, I am directed to a page that says that my user name and/or password are incorrect, and that there have been more than 15 failed attempts to log in under my name. However, I am then logged in normally. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Tsunibear
05-17-2014, 10:04 PM
I did awhile back so I cleared my cache and deleted my cookies then I signed in with no issues.

After this last spam attack I did have to sign in again but, I smarted up and had my browser remember my username and password so now I don't have anymore issues.

risestar
05-18-2014, 10:12 AM
The site has been under bot attack for the past few days and it was necessary to utilize a software firewall to filter it out. You may notice a few strange things, try clearing your browsers cache and cookies. I have adjusted a few things, please let me know of any other issues.

SebastiansMom
05-18-2014, 12:11 PM
For anyone else out there having problems logging in to the site, I am somehow able to access the forum with ForumRunner (on my iPad), but not through the website itself.

Risestar, again, thank you for all that you do!

Tsunibear
05-18-2014, 01:12 PM
For anyone else out there having problems logging in to the site, I am somehow able to access the forum with ForumRunner (on my iPad), but not through the website itself.

Risestar, again, thank you for all that you do!

Okay what browser do you normally use? Have you tried to clearing your cache, cookies and history yet? Do you have a adblocker on your browser?

I use firefox to view the boards and Chrome for facebook. I have an adblocker on both browsers which makes everything load faster cause there are no ads. I also clear my cache, history and cookies every couple of months.

Jewel
05-18-2014, 03:34 PM
I've been kicked out since yesterday just before noon. Had to clear out cookies & cache half a dozen times before finally logging on.

Jewel
05-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Update. I logged in earlier but then again had problems logging back in after logging out. Haven't been able to
log in fm laptop. Can log in from iPhone if I go & clear put history & cookies each time I want to log in.

risestar
05-18-2014, 08:11 PM
Try it again now, I adjusted some settings

Tsunibear
05-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Okay whatever you did made it possible for me to log in on Chrome too because, it wasn't letting me do that earlier today.

SebastiansMom
05-18-2014, 10:09 PM
I was just able to log in from my iPad with no problems!

Thank you, Risestar!

:clap2:

MiyasMomma
05-18-2014, 10:29 PM
I was FINALLY able to log in!!! Yeh!!!

Justpeachy
05-19-2014, 08:05 AM
Yay, it appears to be working normally again. Thanks so much for fixing the problems.

Jewel
05-19-2014, 08:31 AM
Works now! Thanks Risestar!

Davey Benson
05-19-2014, 09:58 AM
it works for me now too. (I thought I had pissed off the wrong person.... and let that be a lesson to us all, piss off the wrong person, we get locked out of the forum. :boink: )

Justpeachy
05-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Yeah, when I told my husband that I couldn't log on he asked me..." what did you do? Did you get banned"? lol

Romanji
06-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Glad I am not the only one with what I thought was a problem on my end...

I couldn't even get on the page at all, said website broadband limit reached or something similar to it.
Not on any computers or my cell phone.

<3 For fixing it!

P.S. This is one site I couldn't live without! KWIM? ;)

Davey Benson
06-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Is anyone else having issues when they log in on the first page where it says "latest news articles" and "latest discussion forum posts" that there is nothing there? How about when you post, are you getting frequent double posting error messages? Seems to me that this forum on my end is still a tad bit glitch yet.

risestar
06-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Ive disabled firewall caching, that should reduce double posing messages.

Is anyone else having issues when they log in on the first page where it says "latest news articles" and "latest discussion forum posts" that there is nothing there? How about when you post, are you getting frequent double posting error messages? Seems to me that this forum on my end is still a tad bit glitch yet.