PDA

View Full Version : Been a while



Lou Lou
10-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Hey guys!

It's been a while since I've checked in here. It's been busy!

The new look for the forum is fab!! Really lovin' it!

Tsunibear
10-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Nice to see you even if it is for just a short while. I hope the boys are doing good and I hope you and your now DH have been well.

Jewel
10-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi there! How are your little monkeys?

Terry
10-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Hey Lou!! :)

Lou Lou
10-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm on reading week after my last midterm tomorrow so excited for that and hopefully you'll see more of me in the next coming week although I don't know if I can promise too much after that. I'm gonna make more of an effort to pop in though, I miss you guys!

Everything's been great here. Wedded bliss I tell ya! :D It's been awesome.

Charley's been great, I've managed to put a bit more weight on him. I really think the secret was the Thanksgiving visit from the nieces. The littlest gal just wanted to feed him all day and for some reason he just kept eating what she dished out (maybe he didn't want to hurt her feelings :o).

As usual with Ralph he's been two steps forward one step back. He was doing really well with people and then had a relapse around Thanksgiving with a passerby in front of my SIL's house. Charley was surprised by and barked at a man passing by on the sidewalk, Ralph was between the two vehicles in the driveway, and so didn't see the man coming and went into bear mode when Charley sounded the alarm. I got pulled down the driveway and about 10 ft down the sidewalk before I managed to get control of him and get him calmed down. :rolleyes: But he's been doing better since we've been home. I think visits and the sheer amount of activity when we spend time with family gets to him after a while.

The new kitty has finally been named, we settled on Maslow. She's totally 180'd in condition and is looking amazing. She's put on some weight and is no longer deathly skinny. Her coat is looking amazing! So shiny and no longer matted beyond belief. I was doing some brushing with her which is a treat since she's the only creature here who seems to enjoy it! She's now beginning to get a bit more talkative, more comfortable with the boys. She no longer hides upstairs all day, if she gets lonely she'll come downstairs fro snuggles. And she's beginning to learn how to play which I'm over the moon about! You'd figure kittens should know how to play, but given her condition when she first got here I actually had to coax her into it. I'm really proud of the progress she's made.

Anyways, so that's what's new over here. :)

Tsunibear
10-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Glad to hear all is well over there. Yay for Maslow by the way I know how it is to have a kitty who doesn't know how to play. I rescued a stray before and she was only like 2 weeks old. Poor thing has come along way now. She must think she is a Lab because, she loves to fetch. :rolleyes:

Jewel
10-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Ralph was between the two vehicles in the driveway, and so didn't see the man coming and went into bear mode when Charley sounded the alarm.

Awww, I think that one can be excused since Ralphie couldn't see and Charley did sound an alarm. But sorry about you being dragged though!:eek:

New kitty! So, I am thinking she'll be bigger than Charley too? :D

pyr haven
10-19-2012, 09:03 PM
ditto! really like the web site's new look too

Lou Lou
10-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Yeah, I couldn't be too upset about it Jewel. It was an awkward situation. I like to think of myself as althetic and pretty strong-Ralph tends to remind me every now and then that compared to him I'm a helpless ragdoll LOL. 99% of time he'll allow me to lead him around placidly until I'm lulled into complacency. The other 1% is when the stark reality of his size and actual strength hits me, " Oh yeah.. He outweighs me and doesn't care what I want him to do right now..." :p

Too funny about the Labracat Tsuni! Maslow isn't quite that playful but is starting to necome more catlike as time goes on. She watches the squirrels very intently from the bedroom window and loves to catch moving things now. It makes me realize how sick she really was the fact that she wasn't at all interested in before.

She's already about twice Charley's weight. So he remains the littlest creature here by leaps and bounds. She's not quite a fan of his yet but trusts Ralph. Funny how that works, he's clearly the bigger guy but he's much more calm and gentle with her.