PDA

View Full Version : Cannot upload pics or avatar !!!

Emmieandme
04-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Hello Everyone. I'm new here and so far like this web site. Glad to see so many GP owners. I have tried to upload albums or avatar and get a message that I have to see administartor for permission. I have already registered on this site and have no problems with the forum or posting...to contact the admin. I have to send a message on my email account but i don't use windows messanger so I cannot send a message. How do I use my yahoo address to send a message to some one to help me figure this out ? I would really like to share pic's of Emmie. Very frustrating.........Thanks, Ray

SuzMiron
04-17-2011, 10:55 AM
I've tried and also get that message. I've given up.

Tsunibear
04-17-2011, 12:55 PM
That is odd. Are the pictures small enough for the album and avatar? The avatar has to be sized into a certain requirement for it work. As for the album it says it re-sizes automatically but, it doesn't.

Jewel
04-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Go to "User CP" and send a private message to the username "risestar" about your issues. risestar is the head huncho of this site.

NickRich
04-17-2011, 03:28 PM
I got that message when I first started trying to upload. I was trying to let the site resize the pictures I was uploading(think there is a message that says it will resize photos that are too large). My solution was to manually resize my uploads using http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ . I know it sounds odd in relation to the error message, but as soon as I manually resized them I was fine. Could be a coincidence though.

Emmieandme
04-17-2011, 04:58 PM
I've tried and also get that message. I've given up.

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one with these issues. I will trry to message risestar like the other person suggested. It really shouldn't be this hard. After all, this is a site to show off your Dog right ? Thanks Everyone who replyed.

Terry
04-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one with these issues. I will trry to message risestar like the other person suggested. It really shouldn't be this hard. After all, this is a site to show off your Dog right ? Thanks Everyone who replyed.

make sure you give him the what for Emmie :eek: :D

Terry

risestar
04-17-2011, 10:05 PM
I have changed the internal software which resizes the images, so please try again now. If you are still having problems, please try to upload a small image file from your computer, if it works, then its likely a sizing problem

However I registered a brand new username, logged in as the new user and successfully uploaded photos to the album ok without a problem, so it does not appear to be a permission problem.

As was previously mentioned, sizing of the image is important. Please remember that with the high resolution photos taken by digital cameras these days, the photo files are HUGE in both physical size and also file size. These photos must be resized before they can appear in your albums. The larger the image, the longer it takes for the website to process it, and it might be timing out due to it being too large.

In most cases, the server software will do this for most medium sized photos, however huge raw photos may have problems, so for best results, please resize them first before uploading. Look at the size of the file on your computer and if it says its larger than 1 megabyte, and you are having problems uploading, please resize it first, there are many free applications which can do this as well as many free websites which can resize for you right there on the website.

Also remember that for best results, only use .jpg, .jpeg or .gif images, others, such as .tiff images are raw photo files and are massive in size, unlike the compressed .jpg/jpeg format. The application that came with your digital camera can resize and convert image types.

Lou Lou
04-18-2011, 01:01 AM
I always use the Paint program to resize my pictures. It comes installed as a basic software on most computers. For pictures from my digital camera I just right click on the picture, and click Open With.. Paint.

Once it's open in Paint, I go to Image at the top toolbar up by the Edit and View drop down menus. So I click Image.. Resize/Skew. I usually type in 25% in both the Horizontal and Vertical spots, which usually works for pictures from my digital camera. Pictures from my cellphone I usually scale down by 50%. And if you make it too small you can always hit Undo which is handy.

It usually saves it in the same file type that it was opened as but I always check when I'm typing in the name that it's saving as a .jpg

It's the easiest way for a non-computer-wizard like me to do it. :o

SuzMiron
04-19-2011, 02:55 AM
K thanks! It worked :)

Davey Benson
04-19-2011, 08:28 AM
ooooo... I like that avitar

Emmieandme
04-20-2011, 06:45 AM

I tried to open pic in Paint and then resizes to 50 % and it worked...yeah !!!
Now mabey I can add an Album. wish me luck. I'm so glad this worked. Thanks you guy's and gal's

Emmieandme
04-20-2011, 06:50 AM
K thanks! It worked :)

SuzMiron, I love your avatar. I have a picture of Emmie out in the snow exactly like yours. At first I thought you stole my pic...lol WOW, I cannot get over how much your beautiful dog looks like my Emmie. Don't you just love these dogs to death ?

SuzMiron
04-20-2011, 05:06 PM
I like the avitar pic also. I think it's among my favorites.
Yes Emmie, I just love her! She's the best! :) I'll have to check out your pics now that you can load them too ;)

DMJones
11-10-2013, 06:56 AM
I was also having trouble uploading my puppy pics! Thank you for advice that was easy to follow..even for a non-tech person like me. This will be the test to see if it works :)
And now I will finally have a place to share all my puppy pics- friends are getting tired of seeing them all the time!!!
Dianne