PDA

View Full Version : Pictures to Load

PrairieGirl
03-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Hmmm, is it just me or am I not going about this right?
Been trying to use my puppy as an avatar, & load some pictures, but it takes forever for them to load, did get one on., took about 25 min though
TIA:(

Terry
04-01-2011, 04:46 AM
not sure prairiegirl? the only time i had a problem like that was when we had dial/up...

Terry

Lou Lou
04-01-2011, 05:31 AM
I usually have to shrink my pictures down to get them on here. But they load fast.

risestar
04-01-2011, 08:53 PM
yes, try resizing them, if you are loading a massive image, it will take a little bit to resize it, but usually a minute or 2, not as long as you describe. Perhaps you had a slow down with your internet.

PrairieGirl
04-02-2011, 06:59 PM
well i have to use my smart phone as a modem for my laptop, spose that could be the problem. Live too far out in boonies to get speedy internet. I will try the resizing. thanks y'all

KathyCS
04-02-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't post many pictures - I take a lot - just don't post a lot, but I did find that I have to go to the Paint Program on my computer and resize before I can post. The ones that I upload from my camera I cannot get to post even though they are jpeg - so my son in law showed me how to convert to paint and resize and then when I post it takes just a matter of seconds to load. It's hard to teach and old dog (owner) new tricks, but my SIL kept at it until he finally taught me how.

NickRich
04-08-2011, 09:33 PM
@Kathy

I'm not sure what paint does to the quality, I myself never had much luck shrinking photos that way. If you are feeling brave check out http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ If you select custom, you can set it to the required size for posting just by typing in the size, then set the bottom option to good. A moment later it will display your re-sized photo and you can r-click on it and save it to your computer for upload here. I haven't been able to notice any quality loss on my photos with it. :)

Chicag0_Red
04-09-2011, 03:56 PM
You might also try out Picasa (http://picasa.google.com). Does the resizing on your pc so you don't have to go thru the upload; resize; save as, etc. also lets you set up an area to post them online kind of like photo-bucket. Oh and the price is just right at free.

PrairieGirl
04-10-2011, 08:02 PM
ah the shrinkpictures site is wonderful!! Thanks for that info, Thanks for all replies
added more pictures today! it was in the 80's here, so Snickers wasn't too active