PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle suggestions?

Brindles
11-16-2010, 09:44 AM
I muzzle Diego at night when I can't watch him, but he's not even 6 months old and starting to outgrow the large greyhound muzzle.

Any suggestions on where I can find one that will fit an adult Pyr?

I don't want a one that keeps his mouth shut. He's used to the basket muzzle that lets him breathe and yawn and drink normally.

Brindles
11-16-2010, 10:13 AM
I found this link, which is sortof what I'm looking for, but they don't look very "friendly" and I don't think the dog can't really open his mouth.

http://www.dog-muzzles-by-breed.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=40&zenid=c199735451df26694192d16f75f05fc2

Here's what he uses right now:

http://rachelhogue.com/pics/dogs/muzzlepup01.JPG

(kind of a weird angle but that's the only pic I have of him wearing it)

Jewel
11-16-2010, 03:58 PM
I am sorry, but I find this very funny :D I've never personally known or heard anyone who muzzles their dog at nighttime. But you are a greyhound person, after all, :p and muzzles are common for greyhounds!

I do confess, I muzzled Bro exactly once when he was a puppy - not at night, but on a walk. He was eating so much who knows whats on the walks and I didn't want him to get sick.

Brindles
11-16-2010, 04:39 PM
I know! Muzzling was so foreign to me before I got my greyhounds. Now I don't think I could live without them. Diego gets crated when I'm gone so I don't like to crate him at night (plus, he cries). One night he chewed up my co-ax cable and I woke up in the morning to no internet. :P So now he gets muzzled! He can wander around at night like he wants and I can have peace of mind.

I have a million other reasons why muzzles are a fantastic training tool. Now I just need to find a bigger one. :P

nick's spirit
11-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Terry
Are you getting this!!!

nick's spirit
11-16-2010, 04:57 PM
brindles
just found a site called
fordogtrainers.com
by typing in Great Pyrenees muzzle
is that more of what you are looking for?

Tsunibear
11-16-2010, 11:37 PM
So he wears a cage muzzle. Monty wore a muzzle once because his trainer didn't want to touch him without it. Should have been a sign to drop the class, but cause she was my friend I ignored the signs. :(

Here is a that might have what you need.
http://www.dogmuzzle.com/basketdogmuzzle.html

Lilmamamudd
11-17-2010, 03:43 PM
lucky you, I was trying the halti out on Emma for her slight pulling, and got the old doggy fu, so now when she pulls I just have to pull it out of my pocket to keep her in line ;)

Dee Dee Ro
11-28-2010, 01:37 AM
lucky you, I was trying the halti out on Emma for her slight pulling, and got the old doggy fu, so now when she pulls I just have to pull it out of my pocket to keep her in line ;)
the halti's are great for training purposes, particularly because it helps with the pulling behavior. This is a very natural behavior, with Pyrs, from what I have observed As far as an old fashioned muzzle, I'm against it, as I am with the "invisible fences." Anything negative, to me, means I have to approach the problem with positive reinforcement, as opposed to punishment. It's so important to me that my dogs behave because they love me; want to please me. Dee Dee is AGAIN going through another teething phase. She does a lot of "mouthing," not really biting and certainly not aggressive. Just like playing with a toy, I don't/won't get into a game of tug of war. If she mouths my arm, I don't pull away from her. I am only about six months into the world of the Pyr, but her mouthing also appears to be a form of affection. Such a silly "little" girl

Shana
11-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Am I missing something? Why are you muzzling him??

Dee Dee Ro
12-03-2010, 03:05 PM
So he wears a cage muzzle. Monty wore a muzzle once because his trainer didn't want to touch him without it. Should have been a sign to drop the class, but cause she was my friend I ignored the signs. :(

Here is a that might have what you need.
http://www.dogmuzzle.com/basketdogmuzzle.html
I grew up training dogs. The older I get, the more I understand that the dogs are training me, My goal is to observe, interpret, then working on modifying the behavior.
I don't know who you had for a trainer, that wouldn't deal with the dog without a muzzle, but they are obviously not a dog trainer; doesn't sound like much of a friend, either. I feel there has been irrepairable damage done to the dog. The muzzling is sooooo uncalled for. Perhaps if we were talking about one of Michael Vick's fighting pit bulls, limited muzzle use might be warranted, while determining if the dog had socialization potential. Was this a rescue dog? Did the dog show prior aggression? Muzzling a Pyr makes NO sense to me. Positive reinforcement can be a long, frustrating process, but well worth it. I certainly hope you didn't pay this person money. I am so saddened by this whole scenario. I wonder how many other dogs she has ruined? If you see a trainer doing something that doesn't seem right-Question it. The trainer leaves at the end of the session, you have to live with a psychologically damaged dog. Although I have only been a Pyr person for a little over six months, I grew up with working dogs. My dad raised hunting dogs, my first dog was a Gordon Setter that I work "wing and shot" field trials. Then I raised bloodhounds and worked with a mountain search and rescue group. I also attended the "Guide Dog School for the Blind," in San Raphael, CA, but didn't have the money to continue to completion. I have also worked as a groomer, off and on, for years, specializing, of course, large breeds. Have grooming shears will travel...The last ten years, I have focused on training therapy and service dogs. I use Top Dog in Tuscon, Arizona as my guidelines for training. They have two excellent training manuals and two excellent DVDs (really cool tee-shirts, too). Training is mostly time, LOVE and lots of patience. Please, no more muzzle.
One issue I have been working on with Dee Dee is, she is a "boinger," jumping up on me. I am quite disabled and she is really big and getting bigger, so this is totally unacceptable behavior. As she jumps, I just raise my hands into the air and put my knee into her chest. Not hard or to hurt her, but it does stop the behavior. It only took maybe a half a dozen times to stop this behavior entirely. Good luck and feel free to write me. I might not know a lot of things, but I do know doggies. Also, Cesar Millian is an invaluable reference source. He has books, the TV show, even flash cards for dog behavioral problems. Always, Barbara Jean, Mogi, the Miracle Dog, Rin-Tin-Tin, the renegade and my beautiful Dee Dee, the Sweet P.

Dee Dee Ro
12-03-2010, 03:24 PM
I found this link, which is sortof what I'm looking for, but they don't look very "friendly" and I don't think the dog can't really open his mouth.

http://www.dog-muzzles-by-breed.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=40&zenid=c199735451df26694192d16f75f05fc2

Here's what he uses right now:

http://rachelhogue.com/pics/dogs/muzzlepup01.JPG

(kind of a weird angle but that's the only pic I have of him wearing it)
It just makes me sick to look at that blue muzzle. Also, to the person that muzzles their greyhounds because of chewing, the dog is bored, lonely and needs it's own things to chew on. I'm not trying to start a battle, to each their own. Maybe you should sleep with some duct tape over your mouth at night and sleep in a little cage; see how you like it. To me, that is just an owner not willing to put the time in with a dog. My dogs have a toy box. I can also leave a plate of food on my dog eye level table, the dogs won't touch it, same with the garbage. The only punishment I have ever used is a little thunk on the nose and expressing displeasure. They want to please me and don't like it when I am upset. One time, I did have to take off my "Croc" and give Rin-Tin-Tin a couple of smacks on the rear, but that's another story entirely. Barbara Jean, Mogi, Rin-Tin-Tin and Dee Dee, the Sweet P

Lilmamamudd
12-03-2010, 04:20 PM
I have had to start using the Halti again, and when it is on she walks sadly along beside me, unfortunatly when it is off she is tugging and weaving.. I don't like even using it, but its the only thing that makes her feel upset enough that when I wave it at her she heels nicely.... I prefer crating to muzzling, but with a previois dog who would chew his crate at night to try and get out, I know there are certain behaviours that need modified training.. this forum is for exchanging those ideas, not criticizing... I don't like using a halti, I feel a flat collar should be fine, but once in a while she gets out of hand and needs to be shown, as I do with my kids... I for one would keep crating, and ignore the cries, Emma kept crying so I would throw a tim of coffee beans on teh floor for every whine and now she makes no peeps in there... but I would also not knee my dog, I got her to stop hopping by leashing her consistantly in the house until she was behaved, and when she acted up again, back on the leash she went, it worked, as now she has perfect recall, and has not put her paws up n anything, but if kneeing wrked for you, then thats awesome, he has his reasons, the dog is not objecting, so there is no issue.. though I do have to admit, getting rid of the habit is better then putting up with it... I would not want to muzzle my dog for life, I would rather try and get rid of the bad habit, but then again, that is my opinion :D
Most people would not like the fact that I do not let anyone pet my dog until I say so, that I don't let her wander around my house freely, and that she cannot be petted unless she is laying down and not licking, but those things work for me, and it has kept her calm up to now.. anyone have any ideas to stop licking dogs from lapping every body part in sight ;)

Tsunibear
12-03-2010, 04:57 PM
I do not have a problem with muzzles myself I do not use them on my own dogs but, I have used them on dogs before. I am a dog groomer and I don't always have the nicest dogs in the world or customers who have the patience to work with their pets at home. I will use a muzzle if the dog is biting cause I would rather muzzle it then have it bite me, go to a doctor and then have the doctor report that bite to animal control and have that dog quarantined. As a dog groomer yourself you should know that if you are bit and have to go to a doctor they do report that and the dog does get punished for it. So muzzling that dog is for it's safety as well as your own. I believe that everyone has the rights to their own opinion when it comes to muzzles. I do think cage muzzles are nicer then the mesh muzzles cause your dog has room to open it's mouth. I would never tell someone they are wrong for using a muzzle though. We all train our dogs differently and Diego doesn't seem to mind wearing that muzzle at all. I think he would rather have that on over being stuck in a cage all night. As for the greyhounds it is normal for them to be muzzled especially since they are retired racing dogs. They are use to wearing them and there is nothing wrong with that. That is like saying it is wrong for a hunting dog to wear a shock collar when he is out in the open field. He is wearing that cause he was trained to and he is use to it by now and understands it is for his best well being.

As for the trainer issue Dee Dee Monty was very difficult to deal with. When he was little he would play rough and she would flip him over to submit him well he got bigger she corned him and yanked his front feet off of the ground and he bit her, so her reaction was pull her hand away and well she stabbed with a pencil in the back of his neck. I would like to believe it was an accident, but what is done is done. Monty is messed up over it but, that wasn't because of the muzzle that was because he was stabbed in the neck. So when he goes out in public he gets really nervous and anxious. I would never have her train my dog again, but she is still my friend.

Dee Dee Ro
12-03-2010, 08:21 PM
It just makes me sick to look at that blue muzzle. Also, to the person that muzzles their greyhounds because of chewing, the dog is bored, lonely and needs it's own things to chew on. I'm not trying to start a battle, to each their own. Maybe you should sleep with some duct tape over your mouth at night and sleep in a little cage; see how you like it. To me, that is just an owner not willing to put the time in with a dog. My dogs have a toy box. I can also leave a plate of food on my dog eye level table, the dogs won't touch it, same with the garbage. The only punishment I have ever used is a little thunk on the nose and expressing displeasure. They want to please me and don't like it when I am upset. One time, I did have to take off my "Croc" and give Rin-Tin-Tin a couple of smacks on the rear, but that's another story entirely. Barbara Jean, Mogi, Rin-Tin-Tin and Dee Dee, the Sweet P
I just can't get over this picture of the puppy with the muzzle on. Has it dawned on you that the puppy is teething and mouthing a common behavior in Pyrs. Is this the puppy that the so called "trainer" wouldn't deal with unless it was muzzled? That dog needs to be rehomed, in a hurry. Perhaps you shouldn't own a giant breed. I have to stop venting before I go completely over the edge. You should be ashamed of yourself. This is, by far, one of the most disturbing pictures I have seen for a long time. I wish I could just erase the visual from my mind, but I can't. My heart is just broken. I wish I could just reach through my computer screen and snatch that puppy away from you. You don't deserve to have such a precious bundle of joy and I would bet dollars to donuts that dog has been permanently scarred by this BS. If you don't have time to spend with the dog, I guarantee crating and muzzling are not going to solve your problems, only compound them. Poor puppy. You need professional help and I am not talking about for the dog. There is something seriously wrong with you

Dee Dee Ro
12-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I do not have a problem with muzzles myself I do not use them on my own dogs but, I have used them on dogs before. I am a dog groomer and I don't always have the nicest dogs in the world or customers who have the patience to work with their pets at home. I will use a muzzle if the dog is biting cause I would rather muzzle it then have it bite me, go to a doctor and then have the doctor report that bite to animal control and have that dog quarantined. As a dog groomer yourself you should know that if you are bit and have to go to a doctor they do report that and the dog does get punished for it. So muzzling that dog is for it's safety as well as your own. I believe that everyone has the rights to their own opinion when it comes to muzzles. I do think cage muzzles are nicer then the mesh muzzles cause your dog has room to open it's mouth. I would never tell someone they are wrong for using a muzzle though. We all train our dogs differently and Diego doesn't seem to mind wearing that muzzle at all. I think he would rather have that on over being stuck in a cage all night. As for the greyhounds it is normal for them to be muzzled especially since they are retired racing dogs. They are use to wearing them and there is nothing wrong with that. That is like saying it is wrong for a hunting dog to wear a shock collar when he is out in the open field. He is wearing that cause he was trained to and he is use to it by now and understands it is for his best well being.

As for the trainer issue Dee Dee Monty was very difficult to deal with. When he was little he would play rough and she would flip him over to submit him well he got bigger she corned him and yanked his front feet off of the ground and he bit her, so her reaction was pull her hand away and well she stabbed with a pencil in the back of his neck. I would like to believe it was an accident, but what is done is done. Monty is messed up over it but, that wasn't because of the muzzle that was because he was stabbed in the neck. So when he goes out in public he gets really nervous and anxious. I would never have her train my dog again, but she is still my friend.
When I was grooming dogs, I used a grooming davit, gently lifting the rear legs up. I then take a pair of panty hose, wrap around the top of the dogs nose, crossing under the jaw, pulling the dogs chin to the chest. It is a much less frightening and threatening action for the dog. Yes, I have been bitten by little "Fifis and Pierres." I also find that a thumb firmly under the chin while holding the rest of the dog's muzzle with the rest of my hand adds another level of control. I trim my husbands beard the same technique (thumb under chin). It may be unconventional but all end up with a nice haircut/ beard trim. How on Earth do you do the dog's face with a muzzle on? A bad grooming experience stays with a dog for a long time. I know some dogs are harder to deal with than others, genaerally they have been through a bad grooming experience. Scotties and Schnauzers, with their paper thin ears are especially prone to an unintentional nick. I decided long ago I do much better with large breed dogs. I blame owners and bad groomers before I blame the dog. It's all learned behavior.

Tsunibear
12-03-2010, 09:44 PM
See you are using panty hose the same a muzzle is being used basically but you are forcing that dogs head down. In the real world most people have small dogs getting groomed and as you know terriers hate their feet so if they bite they get a muzzle they won't bite again after they realize that I am not hurting them and the muzzle isn't the enemy. Your right for a face you can't muzzle a dog but they don't tend to attack you when working on their face. I won't disagree with a bad groom scaring a dog emotionally for awhile but, I won't be saying that a muzzle is what makes the groom bad on a dog. Realistically being cut or nicked messes that dog up more then a muzzle being put on them. So before you go telling me that groomers that use muzzles are bad groomers you might want to think about how many groomers cut, nick and man handle a dogs without thinking twice. At least a groomer using a muzzle on the dog is trying to get that dog under control it might not be a way you agree with but, I have seen people do worse and I have groomed dogs that have had worse done to them.

I really don't feel like you should be telling Brindles that she doesn't deserve a dog when she probably doesn't agree with every way you deal with your pets. Not everyone agrees with you on your muzzle believe and I don't think Diego would want to go home with you because in every picture or video I have seen of him he is happy and loves being where he is. He isn't emotionally messed up by any means so I personally think those comments should be kept to yourself.

Jewel
12-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Perhaps we should put some perspective on things because it seems emotions are taking over.:) As Dee Dee's mom said herself, everyone takes a different approach to his/her training and so not everyone is going to agree with everyone else. A dog can be trained to get used a number of things.

My dog are crate trained. Some people would argue that crating a dog is cruel. I disagree because I know my dogs are healthy and happy and adapted well to crate training.

Some people use prong collars. I personally do not like prong collars so I don't use it. But my friends who use it swear by them and their dogs don't seem at all messed up to me. So, to each his own.

As for a muzzle, Cesar Millan himself has used it a number of times on his shows as the situation calls for. Here Diego is being muzzled for his own safety. According to Diego's mom, the muzzle is used only at night when mom is asleep so he doesn't hurt himself by chewing things, such as electric cords, that he's not supposd to. We all know that pups can get into all sorts of mischief, so if the muzzle will keep Diego safe, I personally do not have an issue with that. He can bark, yawn and drink with his muzzle on, he just can't chew things or eat. Diego's mom is a greyhound owner as well, and she has personally seen how greyhounds get used to the muzzle. At my local dog park there is a group of greyhounds that visit the park regularly. When they are there, there is always one or two of them that have a muzzle on. The ones that wear the muzzles tend to nip at other dogs once they start chasing, but they don't otherwise bother other dogs when they are not chasing. These muzzzled dogs move about the dog park relaxed and happy, just like their other greyhound friends with them that do not need to wear a muzzle. From what I've seen, I can't say that a blanket statement of muzzles are cruel is fair or accurate.

Respectfully, the description of using pantyhose to tie up a dog's mouth then force its head down sounds very stressful and sounds very much like manhandling that I disagree with - I would certainly not permit that being used on my dog for the purpose of getting a groom. So, what one thinks is perfectly workable and humane may not appear so to another person. ;)

Chicag0_Red
12-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Regardless of ones views; I should think we can have a reasonable discussion of the pros and cons of anything on this board without the need to resort to personal attacks.

We are all here because we love our fur-kiddies and want to do the best we can by them.

Also, Pyrs really aren't bent in the need (want) to please direction... that is part of their allure. They will do things because they respect your judgement and have accepted you as leader and because your request makes sense in the current situation, but, doing things out of a desire to please is just not Pyr ...

Just my humble opinion.

_Red

Available for flaming at Chicag0_Red @ politicalheresy . com (remove spaces)

grtpyrlvr
12-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Also, Pyrs really aren't bent in the need (want) to please direction... that is part of their allure. They will do things because they respect your judgement and have accepted you as leader and because your request makes sense in the current situation, but, doing things out of a desire to please is just not Pyr ...

Just my humble opinion.

_Red

That is my favorite trait of theirs! Mine keep me laughing from the time I wake up till I go to bed with their antics....

faolin~francesca
12-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Brindles: Have you looked at dogmuzzle.com? They have some on there, not sure if it is what you are looking for. They are not showing pictures on the dogs but some look similar to the picture you posted.

I always said I would never use a pinch collar, famous last words. When I rescued my Schnauzer (he adopted me) he had been in a kennel for two years and never walked. Needless to say, he didnt have any manners. It took myself, my 6'5 brother in law, my 5'10 nephew, and my friend who resembles Andre the Giant to walk him. When we did obedience the trainer recommended the prong collar. Before I could use it on Faolin, I put it on myself to make sure it wasnt going to hurt him. The collar helped tremendously and he isnt traumatized because of it. Since he gets exercise and structure he is as content as a baby. Now my 6 year old cousin can walk him and he is so gentle. He still takes a nap in his crate after eating and so does Francesca. Some people dont like crate training but if the dog has to go to the vet, guess where they are going to be staying, in a crate. I think it would be much more damaging to be away from everything they know and put in a crate when they are not used to it. This is just my opinion and I am sure some wont agree with it but I know what works for me.

Lilmamamudd
12-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Regardless of ones views; I should think we can have a reasonable discussion of the pros and cons of anything on this board without the need to resort to personal attacks.

We are all here because we love our fur-kiddies and want to do the best we can by them.

Just my humble opinion.

_Red

Couln't have said it better :D

Brindles
12-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Oh man oh man I sure did miss a lot!

Dee Dee- You are WAY out of line to attack me on a personal level simply because I muzzle my dogs (for reasons you evidently didn't read). To jump to conclusions about me or my dogs based on a picture of a happy puppy with a muzzle on is totally uncalled for. I really shouldn't even justify your accusations with a response, but I suppose I will.

Also, Cesar Millian is an invaluable reference source.
Cesar Millan uses muzzles quite often. ; )

I'm not trying to start a battle, to each their own.
Those are some pretty strong accusations to throw out and then back away from.

Maybe you should sleep with some duct tape over your mouth at night and sleep in a little cage; see how you like it. To me, that is just an owner not willing to put the time in with a dog.
If you had taken the time to read the original post, you would know that I am trying to stay away from that type of muzzle, dear. To accuse me of not spending enough time with my dogs is laughable.

this forum is for exchanging those ideas, not criticizing...
Thank you to you and the others who have said this. <3

I just can't get over this picture of the puppy with the muzzle on. Has it dawned on you that the puppy is teething and mouthing a common behavior in Pyrs. Is this the puppy that the so called "trainer" wouldn't deal with unless it was muzzled? That dog needs to be rehomed, in a hurry. Perhaps you shouldn't own a giant breed. I have to stop venting before I go completely over the edge. You should be ashamed of yourself. This is, by far, one of the most disturbing pictures I have seen for a long time. I wish I could just erase the visual from my mind, but I can't. My heart is just broken. I wish I could just reach through my computer screen and snatch that puppy away from you. You don't deserve to have such a precious bundle of joy and I would bet dollars to donuts that dog has been permanently scarred by this BS. If you don't have time to spend with the dog, I guarantee crating and muzzling are not going to solve your problems, only compound them. Poor puppy. You need professional help and I am not talking about for the dog. There is something seriously wrong with you
Lol. Now I really can't take you seriously anymore. This is hilarious. It's a picture of a happy, healthy puppy with a muzzle on.

Look, here's another one!

http://rachelhogue.com/pics/dogs/muzzlepup02.jpg

You want to take my dogs away from me? Try it. ;)

When I was grooming dogs, I used a grooming davit, gently lifting the rear legs up. I then take a pair of panty hose, wrap around the top of the dogs nose, crossing under the jaw, pulling the dogs chin to the chest.
I'm sure Diego would rather wear his muzzle than have his head cranked down to his chest. But hey- "to each his own" right? :D

Now, for what it's worth, Diego hasn't even needed the muzzle for a couple weeks now. He's been very good. But I certainly plan on using it as needed in the future. I'll say it again - best training tool ever!

And for fun, a gratuitous photo of my "poor, scarred, disturbed" puppy:

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/rmh12187/DSC_3485.jpg

grtpyrlvr
12-10-2010, 06:24 PM
He really is the cutest darn thing ever!!

Brindles
12-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks, grtpyrlvr! He's a mess. He's starting to bark and growl when people ring the doorbell now. Quite a bark, too, for such a little guy! I guess "little" is a relative term, considering he's 60lbs now. :D Very proud of my boy!

Terry
12-10-2010, 07:30 PM
what a great picture Brindles !!!! :)

Terry

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae243/loon20009/DSC_3485.jpg

Tsunibear
12-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Diego is such a handsome little man. I miss the puppy stage, kinda.

faolin~francesca
12-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Aww, he's so cute. I love all the eyeliner he has.

Lilmamamudd
12-11-2010, 02:20 AM
I think new pics are in order for your "abused pup " ;) lol :D

Shana
12-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't see how that puppy can "eat, drink" etc with that thing on. Yes, we have a responsibility to keep them safe...but that is extreme. Maybe you need to puppy proof your house? Crate him at night? That picture makes me very sad also :(

faolin~francesca
12-12-2010, 06:53 PM
OK, this is getting ridiculous. If Brindles wants to use a muzzle as a training tool that is no one else's business. If it makes you sad, dont look. He can breathe, drink, and play while wearing a muzzle, he just cant chew up the house. If you would like someone to train your dog and you dont like muzzles, dont use a trainer that likes them. If you just want to be nasty, consider all the things that everyone else could say about the way you handle your animals.

Shana
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
This is a public forum, I have an opinion just like everyone else. Using a muzzle tells me that the owner is too lazy to watch her dog. Don't like my opinion? Don't read it.

Brindles
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Don't knock it 'til you try it. ;)

Honestly I'm not terribly concerned about the negative opinions. I'm just surprised that someone can have such extreme aversion to a training tool that's 100% safe for the dog, cheap to obtain, and extremely practical.

faolin~francesca
12-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Dee Dee and Shana you are both entitled to your opinions, but that doesnt give you the right to be insulting. Calling Rachel disgusting, lazy, and cruel falls into being insulting. Diego is happy, healthy, and obviously very loved, isnt that what everyone wants for their dog? You can call me a yes man all you want, I am more often called a blunt b!tch because I say what I think and I have my own opinions. Telling someone they dont deserve to have a dog is a personal opinion that should be kept to yourself unless the animal is in danger, a muzzle at night is not dangerous. Vick's pitbulls were in danger and no one can justify what he did, muzzling a puppy to stop him from chewing on something that could be harmful is protecting him, not hurting him.
Dee Dee like you said: to each his own.
Shana: Dont like it, dont read it.
If you dont like how someone is handling their dogs, move on to another thread. This where everyone comes to get advice and swap stories, not be insulted and told to get psychiatric care.

Tsunibear
12-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Dee Dee and Shana you are both entitled to your opinions, but that doesnt give you the right to be insulting. Calling Rachel disgusting, lazy, and cruel falls into being insulting. Diego is happy, healthy, and obviously very loved, isnt that what everyone wants for their dog? You can call me a yes man all you want, I am more often called a blunt b!tch because I say what I think and I have my own opinions. Telling someone they dont deserve to have a dog is a personal opinion that should be kept to yourself unless the animal is in danger, a muzzle at night is not dangerous. Vick's pitbulls were in danger and no one can justify what he did, muzzling a puppy to stop him from chewing on something that could be harmful is protecting him, not hurting him.
Dee Dee like you said: to each his own.
Shana: Dont like it, dont read it.
If you dont like how someone is handling their dogs, move on to another thread. This where everyone comes to get advice and swap stories, not be insulted and told to get psychiatric care.

Well said FF (new nickname.:p)