PDA

View Full Version : Underground electic fencin

mommaofseven
11-07-2010, 07:35 PM
We have two pyrnese. Female and Male. Our female is wonderful with our fencing, most of the time doesn't even have the collar of and doesn't ever go over. But our male, no matter how high the setting he runs over. Has anyone else had this trouble? I hate the thought of having to kennel him, but for his safety and others we need to do something. I don't want to tie him up either?? the expence of the electic fencing for our almost 3 acres, was crazy..and in my mind a metal chain link is our only option. That would cost a ton! Is there something we aren't thinking of? We have trimmed the fur around his neck, should we shave it?
Help!! Momma and pappa and kids are getting tired of chasing him and dragging him back home!

faolin~francesca
11-07-2010, 11:05 PM
I used to have a GSD that would run through my electric fence too. Getting him to stop took a lot of work. I would take him on a long hike everyday and that seemed to help with him wandering. I also put up flags and when ever I would see him get close to one I would scream and fall down. He would come over to see what was wrong with me and I would give him treats and play a game with him. It took about two months but he finally stopped running through it. The only down side was the neighbors thinking I had lost my mind:D

grtpyrlvr
11-08-2010, 05:34 AM
We had an in ground fence for our pyrs for 7 years before we went to a post and rail fence. It was actually our shepherd that caused us to fence the yard! Is he fixed? Also what brand are you using for your fence?

Davey Benson
11-08-2010, 06:44 AM
... The only down side was the neighbors thinking I had lost my mind:D

They aint the only ones. ;)

pyr haven
11-08-2010, 07:35 AM
try chain link fencing 1 acre like we did? worked well for our 2 pyrs plus am and pm patrols o the rest of our property. they are too tired out to venture