PDA

View Full Version : Server software upgrade Tues Mar 30 - Likely downtime

risestar
03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Tomorrow, Tuesday March 30, there is a scheduled server software upgrade and there will be some downtime. There may be a forum disruption for some or possibly most of the day. This will be upgrade to PHP5 on the server to allow the upgrade of the forum software which has been delayed as the photo gallery function only works with this older version of VBulletin. It will be necessary to convert the photo gallery to another format to allow for this upgrade. Once this is done, the forum software will be upgraded. It is not known if there will be any compatibility issues with this forum once the server is upgraded, so be patient if there's an outage, we will be back :)

Kate53
03-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Wow, what a mess! Is the update done yet? I can't get my avatar to upload, the regular daily posts/forum topics do not stay on the page.....is there something we need to do to make reading the current posts more user friendly??

Tsunibear
03-31-2010, 07:47 PM
I feel a little bit better knowing that I am not the only one having this problem. I thought it was my computer or something. No one's avatar is showing up for me and I don't even have the latest discussion forum posts on any of my pages.

risestar
03-31-2010, 08:00 PM
yes, there were a number of things that got messed up due to the differences in the software versions. I believe I have the photo gallery up and running again, please let me know if you have trouble logging in/viewing photos or uploading.

Avatars and signatures should be fixed as well.

Still working on the other things

risestar
03-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Got the latest posts thing working again, please let me know if you run into any problems or errors with other parts of the site

risestar
04-01-2010, 05:41 AM
The user information in the photo gallery was lost, please everyone login to the photo gallery with your forum username if you have uploaded photos there and this will recreate your username there automatically. This will allow me to reunite your uploaded photo to your username as right now they are orphaned and just show uploaded by guest

Davey Benson
04-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Sometimes being a board Admin can be a thankless job, I just wanted to take the time to say "Thanks" for pulling it all together. :)

Kate53
04-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Sometimes being a board Admin can be a thankless job, I just wanted to take the time to say "Thanks" for pulling it all together. :)

Same here, Risestar! Your efforts are appreciated...thanks!!:D:D:D

nick's spirit
04-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks Risestar!!
you must put in quite a bit of work on this
Much appreciated!!
Nancy & Holly

Tsunibear
04-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks risestar for making everything better now.