PDA

View Full Version : Distemper

symondneil
02-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Hi,
I would like to share with everyone that my puppy who was about 2.5 months who had distemper was saved by a Dr Agas, Urban Paw, Bandar Puteri Puchong.

Actually I had lost few rescued puppies due to distemper recently. Most of the Vet was not very confidence to save the young puppies, even Dr Agas. But Dr Agas try things with confidence & adviced me that beside medicine & technology, the love and caring also important to save them.

Beside distemper, many other critical problem with puppies had been treated by Dr Agas. I am not promoting him but just sharing my happiness & experience with others.

vin63
02-09-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm glad to hear that your puppy has survived. This is a great example of why vaccinations are very important...not just for the vulnerable puppy, but also to mitigate the spread of the disease.

lovely mornings
02-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Good to hear, but make sure everything that can be washed with bleach is, and throw away any toys you can not put into the dishwasher in a bleach bath. Novalsan ( i think that is the correct spelling is a virucide worth having around, can be purchased at feed stores or online.....

I think some vets hesitate treating distemper or parvo because puppies rarely survive and of the possible spread of the contageous disease in their office to puppies coming in for first shots without immunity.

I agree, vaccinations are a necessity the first year especially
P