PDA

View Full Version : Dee Dee and the evil llama got into a dispute today

Kristi Lea
12-18-2009, 08:59 PM
I live on 47 acres in Texas. There is a pond which is Dee Dee's favorite spot in the summer. 14 horses and 1 llama live in the pasture also. Believe it or not, the llama gaurds the pasture just as much as my GP. The llama does not think he is a llama cause he has never been around other llamas,he thinks he is a horse,so that makes all those mares in the back his. Up until today,him and Dee Dee have co existed pretty well. I guess Dee Dee got a little too close for Como's comfort so he spit on her. At first Dee dee didn't know what to think of it, then her usually calm eyes narrowed and the her teeth bared and she let out a series of barks I had never heard her do befor. I want to be clear,No physical altercations happened here. After Dee Dee gave him an earfull,the llama retreated to the path that runs behind the pond. Her stayed there until I walked out to spearate the rucuss. This is the first time I have ever seen my llama scared. The funny part is no more than 30 minutes later they were both relaxing under the same cedar tree totally content with eachother's company. Just a fair warning to llamas,don't spit on a GP!!!

fluffylove
12-19-2009, 12:17 PM
That's an awesome story, true to the pyr spirit! NICE job Dee Dee!
I have seen Llamas and ostriches guard animals, they are extremely territorial and will guard their land and animals. So awesome!

nick's spirit
12-19-2009, 07:44 PM
so do you think Dee Dee thinks that the llama is another of her "herd" that needs to be reminded of their place in her "pack"??
We once had a herd of llamas that someone was using to do "tours" with, they would pull a sleigh. Well they got out and were grazing on our property up in Alaska, when Nick came upon them he naturally tried to run them off...they spit on him...well.. Nick ended up running them off. As far as I was concerned, they didn't belong on my property and they certainly didn't make any friends spitting on Nick! Never had that problem again after I told the owners what happened.

ragingbull83
12-20-2009, 05:04 AM
Sounds like that the Lama needed to be reminded of who really runs the joint lol

Kate53
12-20-2009, 06:01 PM
I dare ANY Llama to spit on my Pyr!!! Go ahead...."Make my day."

Kristi Lea
12-21-2009, 08:08 AM
so do you think Dee Dee thinks that the llama is another of her "herd" that needs to be reminded of their place in her "pack"??
We once had a herd of llamas that someone was using to do "tours" with, they would pull a sleigh. Well they got out and were grazing on our property up in Alaska, when Nick came upon them he naturally tried to run them off...they spit on him...well.. Nick ended up running them off. As far as I was concerned, they didn't belong on my property and they certainly didn't make any friends spitting on Nick! Never had that problem again after I told the owners what happened.
Oh ya. She herds the llama, he is just so territorial. There was once this group of highschool boys going around to different farms and vandolizing them. They would sneak up through back pastures and cut fuel lines on peoples tractors. I guess it was my turn one night. This was befor I got Dee Dee. I found a torn up bloody tshirt in my back pasture and one of the boys went to the emergency room claiming "He fell". I have a saying that if you can make it through my GP,Bloodhound,Retreiver mix and the evil llama, you can have whatever your coming to take. lol