PDA

View Full Version : Pyr's Eating Snow

ad_mn81
12-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I was just curious as to whether or not anyone elses pyr loves to eat snow?? We got a little snow on each of the past 2 days and ace is loving to eat it every chance he can.

nick's spirit
12-05-2009, 05:24 PM
It seems to be the best there is!! Snow!! All of my Pyr's when given a choice, go out & eat snow. My husband wonders why I bother putting out water bowls! They don't get enough moisture from the snow, but, yes, they sure do love it. That is in between rolling in it and just laying there while the snow piles up on them.

Topper
12-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Topper loves eating snow and he also loved drinking rain water. Topper runs in the snow with his nose making a trail. Comes in the house with a very snowy nose.

Belanas_mum
12-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Belana's experiencing snow for the first time and she LOVES it! She is so excited to go outside and romp around. Absolutely adorable, and yup - she's eating it too. Don't see any harm in that! :)

Andrea
12-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Snow?!! What is that??? ;-)
Since I live here I haven't seen much snow. It snows here one time over night and by noon the other day it has all melted again.
I miss the snow. I am from the Bavarian Mountains in Germany and we already had a lot of snow there.
I bet Luca would enjoy running around in it and explore that white stuff and stick her nose in it and lick it. Maybe we got more luck this year, I can only hope for.

Greatdog
12-08-2009, 06:49 AM
We've had some decent snow and -25 weather. TJ eats the snow, rolls in it and sleeps in it. During winter, he has a new found energy and is very active. We have seven acres and he won't stay in the house more that five minutes.

ad_mn81
12-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Somedays i wish i live where it didnt snow, as here in MN were expecting 12inches by tomorrow with -40degree wind chills...lovely! Ace is way more active in snow, he was at the dog park for an 1hr and half going crazy jumping,rolling around in it, if he only he could eat all of the snow in my driveway for me. COuld eating too much cold snow cause bloat or any other GI problems?

Milu
12-08-2009, 06:08 PM
As long as the snow isn't dirty or you live in a place known for it's acid rain, your dog should be fine. It melts almost instantly as soon as it slides down the throat.

Kate53
12-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I was just curious as to whether or not anyone elses pyr loves to eat snow?? We got a little snow on each of the past 2 days and ace is loving to eat it every chance he can.

See my post for your vomiting dog....there may be a connection here???