PDA

View Full Version : new to posting & having problems uploading pic's

hosselliott
11-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Hi everyone
I love this website , I have learned a great deal & have fixed a few problems that had me stumped , by reading about other members problems and fix's .
The one thing I just can't do is uploading photos to the gallery. I have gotten the profile & avatar pic's uploaded , without a hitch cleared cookies, cache,all pic's are downsized, :D made sure I was signed in, I even went to the web pages web site.
I just can't get the upload box to highlight.
I have two 11 month old pup's to share with everyone and can't.
Please help !
Thanks hosselliott

Milu
11-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Do you use a photo sharing site such as Photobucket? If you do, you can copy and paste the image code directly from there and paste it into the text here.

risestar
11-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Just make sure you are logged into the photo area. Sometimes the cookies don't transfer between the forum and the photo area and you will need to log back in, which is at the top corner of the page

hosselliott
11-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Thank you
But no luck on the upload button.
I opened a account with photo bucket.
I will just post every now and again, when I post new photos.
thanks again

Kate53
11-08-2009, 02:26 PM
"Friend" Elliott, I have found that the photos must be a specific size to upload....if they are too big...no go, and it does take a few minutes to let you know the pic is too big. Whatever size is "best for the web" is what I use and it usually lets me do an attachment. I've never used photo bucket so not sure what you have for options. I use Kodak gallery....also, posting as a "thumbnail" allows others to click on your attachment and open it in a larger window. This is all new to me but I certainly am trying to get it down!

also, I emphasized "friend" because "hoss" is a Native American word for friend....just an FYI

hosselliott
11-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the info.
I down sized the pictures and as you can see I was able to put up the other two pictures avatar & the other small pic you can upload .
I can't get the upload button to highlight or do anything, my mouse pointer just does nothing when over the button, its weird.
I 'm not new to computers , and signed in on the page with the upload button and it tells me I'm already signed in etc,
cleared cache , cookies , tried my laptop in case it was vista.
also tried all the things you folks recommended , so I will stick to photobucket until I can figure something else out.
Sometimes if you walk away for a while , and come back to the problem in a week or two , the fix is right there.
thanks again everyone
hosselliott