PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to compare puppy weights?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

nick's spirit
05-24-2015, 05:01 PM
love Zoie's "seductive" look....she's a very beautiful girl,
and congratulations on her graduation...way to go girls!

Lancelot
05-24-2015, 05:24 PM
What a very pretty girl Zoe is. Congrats to the graduate!

Janet
05-25-2015, 04:58 AM
Thank you! She did great in obedience classes, she picked up everything before every dog there, very fast learner. We have always had collies, Zoie is our first Pyr. She is so different. It is almost like having a human child. You can actually see her thinking about things, lol. We have completely fallen in love with this breed. I know she won't be the last Great Pyrenees in our lives.

Rebbetzin
06-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Just for grins we stopped by the vet's office to check Cherokee's weight yesterday.
93.6 lbs. at 8 months old.
He is not fat... just a big healthy pup.

Puppykins
06-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Annabel is 42 lbs at 18 weeks!
This is her growth chart:

15 lbs at 8 weeks
19 lbs at 11 weeks
35 lbs at 15 weeks
42 lbs at 18 weeks (now)

I'm very curious about what size she'll end up at. She's in very good physical condition, not under or over weight for her frame.

Christi
06-03-2015, 01:50 PM
At almost 10 months Apollo weighs a whopping 107 pounds. Can still feel his ribs so we are right on track :clap2: So much for being puny and behind the curve!

Antonia
06-03-2015, 06:35 PM
At almost 10 months Apollo weighs a whopping 107 pounds. Can still feel his ribs so we are right on track :clap2: So much for being puny and behind the curve!

Must have been that delicious loaf of bread that pushed him up to that whopping number! I knew Apollo would rally under the excellent care of his loving mom. :nod:

Christi
06-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Yeah that and home cooked meals, good kibbles and extra cookies! We have days where he isn't interested in food but mostly he maintains a good appetite. Specially if any food gets left on the counter! He is bad with the counter surfing, and will eat just about anything. Most days I love him to bits, but I have to admit there are days that he pushes my buttons in a major way. The barking is escalating, I keep telling myself that its a stage and it will pass but it is really hard to believe it right now!

TheBradley's
06-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Yeah that and home cooked meals, good kibbles and extra cookies! We have days where he isn't interested in food but mostly he maintains a good appetite. Specially if any food gets left on the counter! He is bad with the counter surfing, and will eat just about anything. Most days I love him to bits, but I have to admit there are days that he pushes my buttons in a major way. The barking is escalating, I keep telling myself that its a stage and it will pass but it is really hard to believe it right now!

Glad to hear your dog is doing well and putting good size on, especially with your stories of a rough start.

I feel your pain with the counter surfing, although Kcoda is good about getting down when told to do so. We gave up on keeping him off the couch, we put up a strong fight, but he won out. I'll sacrifice the couch, however, the bed is another story and I shall not lose that battle.

We need to weigh Kcoda again, he's approaching the 5mon mark fast. I have been out of town for the last week and has definitely changed size wise. We're monitoring his food intake by "rib poke" and he seems to be fine. However, I would like to know what exactly we should be feeding him. Usually it's 2.5-3 cups twice daily. He devours everything we put out for him, but I'm not sure if it's because we use to take the bowl away when he didn't eat all his food as a smaller pup or he needs more food. Is it worth trying to feed him more to see if he self regulates or do we keep it as is and feed him his allotted amount?

Christi
06-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Glad to hear your dog is doing well and putting good size on, especially with your stories of a rough start.

I feel your pain with the counter surfing, although Kcoda is good about getting down when told to do so. We gave up on keeping him off the couch, we put up a strong fight, but he won out. I'll sacrifice the couch, however, the bed is another story and I shall not lose that battle.

We need to weigh Kcoda again, he's approaching the 5mon mark fast. I have been out of town for the last week and has definitely changed size wise. We're monitoring his food intake by "rib poke" and he seems to be fine. However, I would like to know what exactly we should be feeding him. Usually it's 2.5-3 cups twice daily. He devours everything we put out for him, but I'm not sure if it's because we use to take the bowl away when he didn't eat all his food as a smaller pup or he needs more food. Is it worth trying to feed him more to see if he self regulates or do we keep it as is and feed him his allotted amount?

That sounds like the right amount. I feed apollo 4 cups of kibble and 2 cups of his home cooked stew a day. Now I could free feed him, but not my other dog. She will eat till she can't hold anymore and pukes. I don't know that you could actually free feed him at this point or not. I got Roxy in Feb and stopped the free feeding then. She was and is still a bit chubby and we can't leave any food down with her around. Apollo eats pretty quickly and a few times I was worried that he might still be hungry so gave him a little bit more and he wasn't interested in it at all. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge will add to this.

slick61
06-04-2015, 04:21 PM

Wow! That's AWESOME to see Apollo doing so well! My Wiley has been SUCH a fussy eater the past few months that his growth/weight gain have slowed significantly. It's not the heat... (April & May have been cooler than March!) He just doesn't like the kibble I'd been feeding him. Am now supplementing the Holistic Select (which he doesn't really like any more) with Wild Calling rabbit/sweet potato formula (which he seems to like) and Zignature turkey formula (which he LOVES). His eating is now back on track... hopefully, his growth will be too!

wednesday
06-04-2015, 04:25 PM
Our girl was about the same size. I have no idea if she is above or beyond the curve. I've asked on this site and no one responded. Our girl's mom was 90 and dad was 130 according to the breeders. Our girl was 33 pounds at 13 weeks, almost 14 weeks.

She is very tall and thin. 7051

She is becoming an old soul and kind spirit. She is moving beyond her puppy phase and becoming a cuddly girl. She is also a part time mud bogger. :)

Annabel is 42 lbs at 18 weeks!
This is her growth chart:

15 lbs at 8 weeks
19 lbs at 11 weeks
35 lbs at 15 weeks
42 lbs at 18 weeks (now)

I'm very curious about what size she'll end up at. She's in very good physical condition, not under or over weight for her frame.

slick61
06-04-2015, 04:41 PM

OMG... I can SOOOOO relate to this. Wiley counter-surfs daily (when he thinks I'm not watching/paying attention). I've yet to find a way to deter it. He also has an "affection" for the couch... when he gets the zoomies after dinner, he automatically bolts for the couch to hump the back cushions. If I reach for his collar (to pull him off), he snaps at me. I don't think he's necessarily being aggressive... just adamant in his resolve... :RpS_rolleyes:

Christi
06-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Our girl was about the same size. I have no idea if she is above or beyond the curve. I've asked on this site and no one responded. Our girl's mom was 90 and dad was 130 according to the breeders. Our girl was 33 pounds at 13 weeks, almost 14 weeks.

She is very tall and thin. 7051

She is becoming an old soul and kind spirit. She is moving beyond her puppy phase and becoming a cuddly girl. She is also a part time mud bogger. :)

She sounds to be on track to me. My boy at those ages was different but we were fighting parvo so I am not entirely sure what his weight should have been. I do know that his dad is close to 150 pounds and Mom is about 105 so there was little doubt he would be huge. I really need to measure him to see how tall he is, because he is really quite big. When he stands up to give me hugs, he is just a couple inches shorter than me, and I am 5'10. It is for sure fun to watch them grow and go through all the different stages.

Wow! That's AWESOME to see Apollo doing so well! My Wiley has been SUCH a fussy eater the past few months that his growth/weight gain have slowed significantly. It's not the heat... (April & May have been cooler than March!) He just doesn't like the kibble I'd been feeding him. Am now supplementing the Holistic Select (which he doesn't really like any more) with Wild Calling rabbit/sweet potato formula (which he seems to like) and Zignature turkey formula (which he LOVES). His eating is now back on track... hopefully, his growth will be too!

I got free samples of the zignature Salmon and trout limited ingredient and my dogs LOVE that stuff! I am thinking of adding it into my rotation. I use about 3 brands of food. Apollo gets bored with the same foods so I decided to use different ones on a rotation to keep his interest. Apollo has had a few dips in appetite but nothing concerning, and he is growing like a weed!

Christi
06-04-2015, 04:56 PM
OMG... I can SOOOOO relate to this. Wiley counter-surfs daily (when he thinks I'm not watching/paying attention). I've yet to find a way to deter it. He also has an "affection" for the couch... when he gets the zoomies after dinner, he automatically bolts for the couch to hump the back cushions. If I reach for his collar (to pull him off), he snaps at me. I don't think he's necessarily being aggressive... just adamant in his resolve... :RpS_rolleyes:

Now oddly Apollo does not get on the furniture. When he first got hime I would put him on the couch next to me, be he never wanted to stay there. Every once in a while he will get on my bed, but he gets off it with no prompting. He has tried to hump things here and there, mainly Roxy who seems to have stopped that for now. He mounted the wrong end and she bit his dangly parts and he hasn't humped since! :RpS_thumbsup: Now as to the counter surfing what I found is that if you don't leave any thing edible (including paper towels, pot holders dishtowels or sponges) it will reduce it by 50% :RpS_laugh:

wednesday
06-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Yes our girl loves to take the dish towels, toilet paper, and anything else within reach and drag it out through the dog door to the yard. We are routinely missing one shoe, one sock, a towel, etc. and I have to go and hunt for it in the yard. She does counter surf which I am teaching her not to do, but she is so stinking cute I find it hard to get mad at her. We are lucky she is such a nice girl because my lack of ability to really discipline her could really bite me later.

Looks like she was:

10 pounds at 7 weeks
21 pounds at 10 weeks
29 pounds at 13 weeks and 18 inches tall.

and then 33 pounds at 14 weeks. I think my previous week weights were off. How tall are they at 3 months?

Now oddly Apollo does not get on the furniture. When he first got hime I would put him on the couch next to me, be he never wanted to stay there. Every once in a while he will get on my bed, but he gets off it with no prompting. He has tried to hump things here and there, mainly Roxy who seems to have stopped that for now. He mounted the wrong end and she bit his dangly parts and he hasn't humped since! :RpS_thumbsup: Now as to the counter surfing what I found is that if you don't leave any thing edible (including paper towels, pot holders dishtowels or sponges) it will reduce it by 50% :RpS_laugh:

slick61
06-04-2015, 10:19 PM

Oh, Wiley's yet to score anything... but that hasn't stopped him from TRYING. At 8 months, he's only 80 pounds... so he's only gained 10 pounds in the last 2 months... which I attribute to his finicky eating habits. He seems to be back on track tho, with new kibble. Fingers crossed.

Christi
06-05-2015, 06:23 AM
Yes our girl loves to take the dish towels, toilet paper, and anything else within reach and drag it out through the dog door to the yard. We are routinely missing one shoe, one sock, a towel, etc. and I have to go and hunt for it in the yard. She does counter surf which I am teaching her not to do, but she is so stinking cute I find it hard to get mad at her. We are lucky she is such a nice girl because my lack of ability to really discipline her could really bite me later.

Looks like she was:

10 pounds at 7 weeks
21 pounds at 10 weeks

and then 33 pounds at 14 weeks. I think my previous week weights were off. How tall are they at 3 months?

Not sure how tall they should be actually.

JuJuBee
06-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Just took Moose to his first vet appointment. They said he looks great!

He is 9 weeks and 16lbs.

We are very curious about how big he will be, since he is a cross Pyr/Aussie. His paws are already bigger than our 42lb Healer mix.

TheBradley's
06-05-2015, 06:52 PM

Looks like she was:

10 pounds at 7 weeks
21 pounds at 10 weeks

I think height and weight are dependent on ones lineage. I think it's safe to assume that if their parents were big, they have a very good chance of matching the parents size. Granted health, nutrition, etc play a role, but I don't foresee any of the members here neglecting their dog. Everyone seems to be over joyed with their Pyr's.

Here are Kcoda's previous weights;

7wks- 18lbs
10wks- 28lbs
13wks- 38lbs
17wks- 53lbs

He'll be 5mons in 11days and I'm expecting him to be in the high 60's. I'll report back, but he is healthy and active, ornery as all hell, but a good dog.

Not sure how tall they should be actually.

As I stated above, I think this is strictly determined by their lineage. I do wish there were some better "guidelines" to go by for their growth rate, such as a child.

He is 9 weeks and 16lbs.

We are very curious about how big he will be, since he is a cross Pyr/Aussie. His paws are already bigger than our 42lb Healer mix.

Congrats on the puppy, enjoy everything that comes with being a Pyr owner. It's eye opening to say the least... Haha

Antonia
06-06-2015, 12:59 PM

He is 9 weeks and 16lbs.

My Pyr/Aussie girl reached an adult weight of about 55lbs in very good, trim condition. She did favor the Aussie side in all things. She always looks so tiny to us next to the big dogs but when we take her places people always refer to her as a "big" dog. :)

Rebbetzin
06-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Looks like she was:

10 pounds at 7 weeks
21 pounds at 10 weeks

At three months old Cherokee was 19 inches tall.
Last month, at 7 months old he was 27.5 inches tall.
I know he has gotten taller this month, but I measure him on the 26th of each month...
Maybe I will start taking him to the vet for a weight check on the 26th too.
I record his height at the shoulder on the doorway in the kitchen. Amazing to see how fast they grow!

wednesday
06-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Well your guy is a lot heavier than my girl but it sounds like they were about he same in height. She does seem very tall and thin to me. So it sounds like in four months your guy put on 8.5 inches. That is a lot!

My first Pyr so I don't know what to expect. She was at the vet yesterday for another shot and weighed 35.5 pounds at 15 weeks. She is tall and thin (much like Mother wishes she were ha ha).

At three months old Cherokee was 19 inches tall.
Last month, at 7 months old he was 27.5 inches tall.
I know he has gotten taller this month, but I measure him on the 26th of each month...
Maybe I will start taking him to the vet for a weight check on the 26th too.
I record his height at the shoulder on the doorway in the kitchen. Amazing to see how fast they grow!

wednesday
06-09-2015, 10:04 AM
What are you feeding your boy Rebbetzin? We have tried Diamond large breed (breeder had her on it but there are a lot of reports of sick dogs in the past few months with Diamond) so we switched. Then tried Orijen large breed (she hated it). I bought a bag of Fromm large breed puppy and then realized once I poured it into the bin that it is not grain free which the vet said she can't have. Oopsie!

She is also on missing link and does get raw meat/bones at least a few times a week. The vet recommended adding eggs which I have not done yet. Vet doesn't like the raw bones part because he thinks the calcium levels are going to cause her to grow too fast. She is so think I don't know if she is growing too tall too fast or not putting on enough weight. We free feed and she is not a huge eater. I'm always trying to encourage her but she is not a huge fan of dog food.

No.. and he is on a "slow grow" giant puppy food too! He is going to be a big fellow!
Today he is 7 months old! I need to take a new photo of him by the back fence...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/1%2018%20%20to%204%2020%202015%20email_zpscohykx9r .jpg

It appears if I edit the photobucket information, I can post photos! Still can't get an avatar to up load....

Jewel
06-09-2015, 10:12 AM
She was at the vet yesterday for another shot and weighed 35.5 pounds at 15 weeks. She is tall and thin (much like Mother wishes she were ha ha).

For a bitch she's perfectly within the average range. There is nothing to worry about if she's energetic and happy. There is nothing really bad being a bit on the thin side. For a giant breed, bigger is not better. Have you read the articles on the this thread: http://www.greatpyr.com/forum/showthread.php?36025-Information-on-Giant-Breed-Puppy-Nutrition

If not, I would strongly recommend that you do. Your girl is still less than 6 months old, she's still in the critical period where energy and calcium intake must be very carefully monitored.

Rebbetzin
06-10-2015, 05:10 PM
What are you feeding your boy Rebbetzin?

I have him on Holistic Select Large/Giant Breed Puppy kibble. Plus he gets homemade dog cookies made from beef kidney, Beef and or chicken livers. brown rice, flax seed. Meat scraps from our dinners, and bits of our food here and there He likes yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, anything we are eating, he will try.

He is not a great eater... in the morning, he gets about a one cup of food, and he seldom eats all of it. The later in the afternoon I put a couple of cups of food in his dish with some assorted meat scraps, or fish, ( I freeze little piles of meat scraps, about 2 TBS,and add that to his kibble.) He eats between 3 and 5 cups of kibble a day. Varies greatly on his activity level. Now that it is HOT here he has backed off his eating. He is not at all fat, his ribs are easy to feel under all the fur!

He will eat the kibble just dry, and at times I think he likes it better with nothing else on it.

I am having to buy a 30lb bag about every three weeks. So... it is working out to be about $100.00 a month for kibble. I have considered a raw diet... but... don't know if I want the added hassle of making sure he is getting all the nutrients he needs. So far,he is doing very well on the Holistic Select. I looked at all kinds of kibble before choosing this one. It seemed the best for the money.

Rebbetzin
06-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Well your guy is a lot heavier than my girl but it sounds like they were about he same in height. She does seem very tall and thin to me. So it sounds like in four months your guy put on 8.5 inches. That is a lot!

My first Pyr so I don't know what to expect. She was at the vet yesterday for another shot and weighed 35.5 pounds at 15 weeks. She is tall and thin (much like Mother wishes she were ha ha).

The last puppy we had, a Cane Corso, grew at an incredible rate!!

7068 (If you click on the photo it gets bigger)

This was in 2004, back then I don't recall anyone saying anything about
puppies growing too fast, anyway, I wasn't aware of it.

He is growing no doubt, at times he seems to grow bigger after taking a nap!
He is not fat, just big!

wednesday
06-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Thank you Jewel. I am more concerned with her tall stature being an indicator of her bones growing too quickly than I am about size overall. She is definitely energetic and happy :)

For a bitch she's perfectly within the average range. There is nothing to worry about if she's energetic and happy. There is nothing really bad being a bit on the thin side. For a giant breed, bigger is not better. Have you read the articles on the this thread: http://www.greatpyr.com/forum/showthread.php?36025-Information-on-Giant-Breed-Puppy-Nutrition

If not, I would strongly recommend that you do. Your girl is still less than 6 months old, she's still in the critical period where energy and calcium intake must be very carefully monitored.

wednesday
06-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Wow what a big beautiful boy! I've not ever actually seen a Cane Corso in person. Lovely dog :) I am used to dogs being smaller and I also haven't had a puppy in a long time, so I don't remember how fast they grow/grew. :)

The last puppy we had, a Cane Corso, grew at an incredible rate!!

7068 (If you click on the photo it gets bigger)

This was in 2004, back then I don't recall anyone saying anything about
puppies growing too fast, anyway, I wasn't aware of it.

He is growing no doubt, at times he seems to grow bigger after taking a nap!
He is not fat, just big!

wednesday
06-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Thank you. I don't think I've ever seen the Holistic Select or at least didn't notice it. I will definitely see if they have that locally.

I have him on Holistic Select Large/Giant Breed Puppy kibble. Plus he gets homemade dog cookies made from beef kidney, Beef and or chicken livers. brown rice, flax seed. Meat scraps from our dinners, and bits of our food here and there He likes yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, anything we are eating, he will try.

He is not a great eater... in the morning, he gets about a one cup of food, and he seldom eats all of it. The later in the afternoon I put a couple of cups of food in his dish with some assorted meat scraps, or fish, ( I freeze little piles of meat scraps, about 2 TBS,and add that to his kibble.) He eats between 3 and 5 cups of kibble a day. Varies greatly on his activity level. Now that it is HOT here he has backed off his eating. He is not at all fat, his ribs are easy to feel under all the fur!

He will eat the kibble just dry, and at times I think he likes it better with nothing else on it.

I am having to buy a 30lb bag about every three weeks. So... it is working out to be about $100.00 a month for kibble. I have considered a raw diet... but... don't know if I want the added hassle of making sure he is getting all the nutrients he needs. So far,he is doing very well on the Holistic Select. I looked at all kinds of kibble before choosing this one. It seemed the best for the money.

Jewel
06-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Thank you Jewel. I am more concerned with her tall stature being an indicator of her bones growing too quickly than I am about size overall. She is definitely energetic and happy :)

Since we don't have direct control over how they grow and how fast, what we can do is to control the energy intake. If she is in the healthy thin range, then you are likely doing just fine. You just don't want to keep encouraging eating in such amounts that there is plenty extra nutrition for them to pad on big muscles and a layer of fat. That's when you know you are at risk of providing too much energy that may lead to faster growth.

The growth rate for each individual dog is somewhat related to the line they are from. Some lines grow/mature more quickly where a 9 month old can look like it's about 18 months old. Other lines mature much slower. My breeder's line is the latter. At 2, Bijou looked like she was about 13 months old.

Christi
06-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Since we don't have direct control over how they grow and how fast, what we can do is to control the energy intake. If she is in the healthy thin range, then you are likely doing just fine. You just don't want to keep encouraging eating in such amounts that there is plenty extra nutrition for them to pad on big muscles and a layer of fat. That's when you know you are at risk of providing too much energy that may lead to faster growth.

The growth rate for each individual dog is somewhat related to the line they are from. Some lines grow/mature more quickly where a 9 month old can look like it's about 18 months old. Other lines mature much slower. My breeder's line is the latter. At 2, Bijou looked like she was about 13 months old.

I have to second this, Apollo at 10 months (almost) weighs 107 pounds, is very tall and thin. I can feel ribs and if I press I can feel his hips. You can also tell when he stands up for a "hug" that he isn't very bulky. But both of his parents are very large working line dogs, which I think makes a difference. I think the show dogs have to conform to breed standards, where the working lines it doesn't matter if they are taller and heavier than breed standards.

TheBradley's
06-13-2015, 10:59 AM
I just weighed Kcoda at the vet today. He is 21wks old and is 68lbs. He is the same height as my Purebred yellow lab, which stands 23.5" at his withers. I think he is going to be a very good sized Pyr.

Christi
06-13-2015, 01:54 PM
Measured Apollo and he is 28 inches tall

evilmidget
06-26-2015, 08:39 PM
My puppy,Baxter, is 7 weeks old and 15 lbs. He's active, poops regularly and is an adorable ball of fluff. It's been 20+ years since I've had a puppy (my last puppy was a Pry that lived 11 years). I'm not concerned about measuring him against other pups. I just want him to be healthy and happy and live a long life!

Rebbetzin
06-27-2015, 08:47 AM
Cherokee turned 8 months old on Friday 6 /26/15
He is 28.5 inches at the shoulder (grew one inch from last month)
And is 98.6 lbs (gained 4lbs)
He has changed a lot this month, losing his "puppy face"!! Darn!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/5%2020%2015%20to%206%2026%2015%20back%20fence%20em ail_zps9imtwvl4.jpg

He got wider and his hair is getting longer now, but not much undercoat, since it is so hot here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/5%2015%20to%206%2026%202015%20email_zpsfdfwtzmb.jp g

In talking to the breeder last month , I found out Cherokee was born on Oct. 26th,
not the 20th as I had thought he said when we picked up Cherokee.

wednesday
07-02-2015, 12:14 PM
I can't believe the change in just a month! He looks like a totally different dog. Had to show DH this morning and he could not believe how much he had filled out in such a short period of time.

Our girl had her rabies and is at 44lbs now at 16 weeks as of Monday. She started school a few weeks ago and learns so fast.

Looking forward to more pics Rebbetzin! :)

Cherokee turned 8 months old on Friday 6 /26/15
He is 28.5 inches at the shoulder (grew one inch from last month)
And is 98.6 lbs (gained 4lbs)
He has changed a lot this month, losing his "puppy face"!! Darn!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/5%2020%2015%20to%206%2026%2015%20back%20fence%20em ail_zps9imtwvl4.jpg

He got wider and his hair is getting longer now, but not much undercoat, since it is so hot here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/5%2015%20to%206%2026%202015%20email_zpsfdfwtzmb.jp g

In talking to the breeder last month , I found out Cherokee was born on Oct. 26th,
not the 20th as I had thought he said when we picked up Cherokee.

TheBradley's
07-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Kcoda is now a week shy of 6mons old and weighed 78.5lbs yesterday at the Vet.

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt352/jr_ss/Kcoda/Kcoda%20and%20car%20013_zps1a0ao648.jpg

evilmidget
07-15-2015, 11:27 AM
7289Baxter just went in for his second round of vaccinations and has doubled his weight to 20lbs. We also got him chipped because we're going on vacation next month and don't want to risk not having it done before then. He was very stoic...didn't even flinch (although he bled some on his beautiful white fur).

Rebbetzin
07-15-2015, 12:49 PM
What an adorable fellow!!! Hard to believe Cherokee was ever that small!!!

nick's spirit
07-15-2015, 03:53 PM
evilmidget...such a cute photo of Baxter!!1

just a question....have you checked out the plants that he is sleeping around??? Any part of them poisonous to dogs?....puppies will chew!!

Rebbetzin
07-28-2015, 12:56 AM
Cherokee turned 9 months yesterday (7/26/15)

He is 29.5 inches at the shoulder, and 98.6lbs

Here is a series of photos as he grows

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/3%20month%20to%209%20months%20edit%20email_zpssehe xpue.jpg

nick's spirit
07-28-2015, 11:04 AM
oh my gosh!!!!
who is that puppy!!!
what a handsome boy he is growing up to be....

Rebbetzin
07-29-2015, 10:09 AM
Funny, he is not only getting taller, but wider...
I never thought to measure changes in his "girth"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/6%2026%2015%20to%207%2026%2015%20email_zpsibgbsnhh .jpg

Rebbetzin
07-29-2015, 10:22 AM
evilmidget...such a cute photo of Baxter!!1

just a question....have you checked out the plants that he is sleeping around??? Any part of them poisonous to dogs?....puppies will chew!!

Baxter is now older... that was from his puppy days.
He lives on a farm in PA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DVwHHZmi8M

Any dog would be happy to watch over such a nice place!

My cousin spent about $120.00 for that tree
he decided to "trim"....

slick61
08-05-2015, 06:03 PM
at 10 months, Wiley is STILL at 85 pounds. He seems to self-regulate his food intake VERY closely...

evilmidget
08-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Baxter went in for the last of his puppy vaccinations and he weighed 30.6lbs and the whole office made a fuss over him just cause they don't see any pyrs there. I'd upload a current picture, but the uploader on this site is "difficult".

Rebbetzin
08-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Today I got an "official" weight chart from my Vet for Cherokee...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/2%2010%2015%20to%208%2026%2015%20Growth%20Chart_zp sui31hhf1.jpg

It is amazing how much he changed in the space of about 2 months....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/4%2020%2015%20to%206%2026%2015%20Back%20Fence%20em ail_zpseujfh2ok.jpg

Lancelot
08-26-2015, 04:50 PM
How cool is that??

nick's spirit
08-26-2015, 05:05 PM
What a great thing for a vet's office to do!!

JuJuBee
08-27-2015, 12:38 PM

He is 9 weeks and 16lbs.

Hello all! It has been awhile since I've been on the forum, and I figured I would do a Moose update. He turns 5 months tomorrow. I would say he is probably around 45-50 lbs now. He is a little taller than our Healer mix, and definitely longer.

He is a pretty mellow guy. Gets along great with our 4 year old kiddo, and hasn't eaten any of our chickens! Walks great on the leash. He is a bit timid when meeting other dogs.

He is definitely developing is Pyr alert bark. He has his normal bark for when he is playing, and then a different bark when someone walks by the house. It is more of a staccato series of 5 or 6 short barks. We tend to have to bring him inside to stop it. He is definitely a guardian.

Not sure how his Aussie side is coming out. He will fetch, and sometimes tries to herd the chickens, but that could be a Pyr trait, too.

Overall, he is growing into such a great guy. Super alert, but also very mellow. So great to walk, and everyone we pass always wants to love on him. He seems to be a bit smaller than most Pyr puppies of 5 months, but he still has lots of growing to do. His paws are7462 huge!

Christi
08-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Glad to hear mosse is doing well, and gosh is he cute!! The herding is an Aussie trait. Pyrs don't herd, they guard :)

Rebbetzin
08-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Hello all! It has been awhile since I've been on the forum, and I figured I would do a Moose update. He turns 5 months tomorrow.

He's adorable!!! Such a good pup for you little ones! I can sure see the PYR in his face!!!

Rebbetzin
08-28-2015, 09:44 PM
I made these Comparison Photos, and this seemed like a good place to put them.

Every month I try to take a photo of Cherokee at about the same place looking out the
front door and by our back fence.

I didn't think he had grown much this month, at the shoulder he only grew 1/2 an inch.
he is now 29.5 inches at the shoulder, and weighs 105.4 lbs. at 10 months old.
He gained almost 7lbs last month! But it has to be muscle, or hair... because he is not
at all fat, you can easily feel his ribs and hip bones under all that hair!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/2%2015%20to%208%20Front%20door%20larger%20email_zp sdcubfofj.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/3%20month%20to%2010%20months%20email_zpsndxbwwjy.j pg

mips
08-29-2015, 09:56 AM
I went to weight my boys today...

Chico is now almost 15 months and 109 lbs, I can still feel his ribs quite easily but his tummy is chubbier than Nando's the vet said. Nando's ribs are a bit less easy to feel, but still quite easy. Chico is about 31,5-32 inch now.

Since we couldn't weight Nando well (he kept stepping off and it was a complete horror) I don't have anything to compare with now. We're going back later for his weight. Nando is about 29,5-30 inch.

Rebbetzin
08-29-2015, 11:50 AM
I went to weight my boys today...

Chico is now almost 15 months and 109 lbs, I can still feel his ribs quite easily but his tummy is chubbier than Nando's the vet said. Nando's ribs are a bit less easy to feel, but still quite easy. Chico is about 31,5-32 inch now.

Since we couldn't weight Nando well (he kept stepping off and it was a complete horror) I don't have anything to compare with now. We're going back later for his weight. Nando is about 29,5-30 inch.

By taking Cherokee to the vet's office once a month, just to get on the scale, and see the girls in the office, it has made getting on the scale very easy now. He just steps on there and usually just sits down. I think it will make him less anxious at the vet's office being is used to having a nice visit there on a frequent basis.

mips
08-29-2015, 05:18 PM
Our vet is actually IN the petstore and they haven't ever been there since it moved into the petstore. We took the boys down there every week until the 8 month mark for weighting. With Nando we might've been slacking a little though, but he has been there a lot too. The problems started when they moved the scale to another part of the store :/ Since then they both don't like getting on it anymore. They don't trust it one bit.

Rebbetzin
08-29-2015, 08:38 PM
Our vet is actually IN the petstore and they haven't ever been there since it moved into the petstore. We took the boys down there every week until the 8 month mark for weighting. With Nando we might've been slacking a little though, but he has been there a lot too. The problems started when they moved the scale to another part of the store :/ Since then they both don't like getting on it anymore. They don't trust it one bit.

I can see that happening! My husband swears Cherokee is autistic... Things have to be "just so" or he is not a happy camper! Change is not something that is appreciated at all!

Bens-dad
09-10-2015, 12:36 PM
7571My girl is 6 months, 64 lbs, and about 24.5 inches at the withers! She's a 50/50 pyr-anatolian mix. She has been battling mange since she was 3 months old, poor thing. I love her so much, it's crazy. She's so good with kids, she paws me constantly and she's very sweet and smart. She wasn't eating very much at all, about two cups, until I decided to start mixing can food, and also giving her two different kinds (she gets bored with food very easily). She's starting to finally put on weight again. Anyone have any idea on when puppy height typically stops growing? I'm wondering if she's going to get to 27 inches!

Antonia
09-10-2015, 05:21 PM
7571My girl is 6 months, 64 lbs, and about 24.5 inches at the withers! She's a 50/50 pyr-anatolian mix. She has been battling mange since she was 3 months old, poor thing. I love her so much, it's crazy. She's so good with kids, she paws me constantly and she's very sweet and smart. She wasn't eating very much at all, about two cups, until I decided to start mixing can food, and also giving her two different kinds (she gets bored with food very easily). She's starting to finally put on weight again. Anyone have any idea on when puppy height typically stops growing? I'm wondering if she's going to get to 27 inches!

My guess is that with the addition of the Anatolian, she's going to be a big girl. My Pyr boy was 1/4 Anatolian and seems to finally have stopped growing and he'll be 3 in December. He weighs 160lbs and is not overweight.... My male Kangal dog will be two in October and he's still growing although much more slowly now. Anatolians generally aren't done growing until close to 3 years of age.

Bens-dad
09-11-2015, 01:57 AM
Thanks for replying! Does their height growth slow down after a certain point? 160 lbs!!!

Lancelot
09-11-2015, 08:47 AM
My all pyr grew 1/2" between 3 and 4 years but didn't gain any pounds.

Rebbetzin
09-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Thanks for replying! Does their height growth slow down after a certain point? 160 lbs!!!

I think Cherokee (10 months old) is starting to slow down in his growth now. This month he seems to be growing in length, not
height. And he has the beginning of a very nice "mane" around his neck. I am wondering if he will experience a major coat "blow"
the next Spring?

TheBradley's
09-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Kcoda was weighed yesterday at the Vet. He is currently 90lbs and roughly 27" at the withers. In another week he'll be 8months old.

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt352/jr_ss/Mobile%20Uploads/6f710e70-164e-424c-83e7-102d2d787a1b_zps2v7eflb5.jpg
http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt352/jr_ss/Mobile%20Uploads/5033003b-228e-43cd-a448-e5bab1f5307e_zps4oitwkvt.jpg

Rebbetzin
10-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Cherokee is now 11 months old. Went to the vet to weigh in...

111.2 lbs 29 3/4 inches at the shoulder.

He grew in the length of his back this month.

Getting taller and taller when he stands up!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/9%2030%2015%20Standing%20with%20mom%20email_zpsbib qbyj5.jpg

Lancelot
10-05-2015, 08:14 AM
HOLY COW Cherokee!!!!! Lance is the same height but not near as long, unless your mom is on her knees or 4'7". lol.

Rebbetzin
10-05-2015, 11:02 AM
HOLY COW Cherokee!!!!! Lance is the same height but not near as long, unless your mom is on her knees or 4'7". lol.

I am not very tall (5'2") But, he is a big fellow in any case.
Here he is with his daddy... but this was taken a while back,
and Cherokee is not standing up straight.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/9%205%202015%20Standing%20wDad%2002a%20email_zpsau 81d1yr.jpg

evilmidget
10-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Baxter is now 5 months old (as of 10/19/15) and according to the vet's scale today (10/05/15) is 63 pounds. He's very friendly with other dogs, people, cats and has totally developed his bark. We've been having the exterior of our house painted and although he barks when they 1st get there, he settles down pretty soon.

I need to upload some more pictures because right now, he still has his puppy fur, but with the other fur coming in he's started to look a little like Don King with fur that stands straight up on the back of his head. Looks crazy, but he's still a soft fur-ball.

slick61
10-05-2015, 09:15 PM
WOW, indeed! Cherokee's a BIG BOY! At one year old, my Wiley is only about 28" at the shoulder & 85-90 lbs.

Rebbetzin
10-07-2015, 09:57 PM
I thought this was a good place to put these photos...
A monthly comparison by the front door and the back fence.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/8%2026%20to%209%2026%202015%20Front%20door%20email _zpsv9awrnng.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/8%2026%20to%209%2026%202015%20Back%20Fence%20email _zpspfflifvz.jpg

I need to find a way to stand in the same place each month.

Rebbetzin
10-27-2015, 12:09 AM
Goodness, it appear I have put the last few posts in this section.

Today Oct. 26, 2015 is Cherokee's first Birthday!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/2%207%2015%20to%2010%2026%2015%20Front%20door%20te xt%20email_zpsgpteun5w.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2015/Cherokee%202015/1%2018%202015%20to%2010%2026%2015%20%20Back%20Fenc e%20text%20email_zpsykzu4huz.jpg

He didn't grow in height this month, and he actually lost 5lbs!! I am thinking it is because our weather has
been cooler here. We now walk to the park, rather than driving. That adds about a mile a day of exercise,
he is much more active when he goes in the backyard to play, and he is awake more hours in the day. I haven't
added anymore food to his diet. But, he doesn't appear to be wanting more food. I think he is getting longer.
But not exactly sure how I would measure the length of his back.

Lancelot
10-27-2015, 06:00 AM
Happy Birthday Cherokee. It's been so much fun watching you grow. Keep up the good work you handsome devil.

nick's spirit
10-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Happy day to Cherokee!!
He certainly has grown up!!
Almost hard to believe it's the same puppy!!
My guess is that he will start loosing some of the "puppy weight" & start muscling up...handsome boy!

slick61
11-03-2015, 09:56 PM
at 13 months, Wiley is STILL at 85 pounds... healthy, but still VERY lean...

Lancelot
11-04-2015, 05:03 AM
Wiley is still growing. Lean is good. Lance was only 73 pounds at 12 months. Keep up the good work.

slick61
11-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Wiley is still growing. Lean is good. Lance was only 73 pounds at 12 months. Keep up the good work.

... the thing that's weird is that Wiley has not gained ANY weight in the last 4-5 months...

nick's spirit
11-05-2015, 11:16 AM
slick, Wiley may not gain anymore weight until he's more mature, or maybe he just won't gain any more weight period.
I really would consider yourself fortunate to have a lean dog that's healthy, has energy & stamina....it will be so good for him
in the coming years.
BTW...Rudy is 3, and has not gained weight for quite awhile...he holds his weight at about 73-75...he's a lean, healthy, active strong guy!!

slick61
11-07-2015, 12:17 AM
slick, Wiley may not gain anymore weight until he's more mature, or maybe he just won't gain any more weight period.
I really would consider yourself fortunate to have a lean dog that's healthy, has energy & stamina....it will be so good for him
in the coming years.
BTW...Rudy is 3, and has not gained weight for quite awhile...he holds his weight at about 73-75...he's a lean, healthy, active strong guy!!

I know, I know... I try not to obsess over it. Had hoped he'd be a BIG boy, but that's not up to me. He is what he is... a healthy, happy pup... everyone falls in love with him wherever we go. He's well-behaved (in public, anyways...), & not a mean bone in his body... and for that, I am thankful!

Jewel
11-07-2015, 02:51 PM
I know, I know... I try not to obsess over it. Had hoped he'd be a BIG boy, but that's not up to me. He is what he is... a healthy, happy pup... everyone falls in love with him wherever we go. He's well-behaved (in public, anyways...), & not a mean bone in his body... and for that, I am thankful!

What did I say before?... "patience of a saint, patience of a saint, patience of a saint" That applies to pyr development as well. :peaceful: Wiley could get a lot bigger. It is very true that different lines grow at different rates. Both of Bijou's brothers were about 90 lbs at 22 months old (I know that because I saw both of them at the 2010 Nationals). The sire and grandsire and the maternal grandsire all matured out to be about 110 lbs. That particular line takes full 4 years to mature. Wiley could be growing at a similar rate.

Bens-dad
11-26-2015, 10:37 AM
Update on Ben!

She's now 8 1/2 months and 26" at the withers and about 85 lbs. She's very long and lean. I love her so much it's crazy. Does anyone know when height growth usually stops? I know weight gain can happen until about 2-3, but not sure about height.

Jewel
11-26-2015, 12:41 PM
when height growth usually stops?

They usually reach most of their height by 12-15 months. With big males, it can be 18 months. They can still grow a bit more after that, but usually not much.

Janet
12-13-2015, 10:03 AM
We stopped in at the vet's office last week to weigh Zoie. She now weighs 90 lbs! She was a year old in July, and she was 75 lbs. We had noticed a real growth spurt over the past 3 months or so. People who hadn't seen her in awhile even remarked about how much bigger she looked. I knew they that did continue to grow for a couple of years, but wow! :calm:

Puppykins
12-22-2015, 03:30 AM
Wow Janet, makes me wonder how big Annabel will get!

Miss Annabel is an odd duck. She steadily gained 10 lbs a month until 6 months when she plateaued. She stayed 65 lbs for 2 1/2 months! During that time, she continued to get taller and I had to loosen her collar and harness multiple times, but she didn't gain any weight. At 8 1/2 months, she was 67 lbs on the scale at the vet office. 2 weeks later at 9 months, she was up 7 lbs and was 75 lbs! She got weighed yesterday morning at almost 11 months and is now up to 80. She has almost grown out of the collar I bought her in July (which was on its smallest setting) and has grown out of her harness. Her mama is 75 lbs so she's bigger than her now, too. I'm excited to see how big she will get :) Vet says she's in great condition.

Sasha is my pyr
01-28-2016, 11:24 AM
At 12wks we weighed Sasha in and she was just over 20lbs. She doubled her size and weight from 8wks. Vet is thinking maybe 40 by 4months....I guess we will see.789378947895

atgenatt
02-08-2016, 01:39 PM
Hello All -

We just brought home a rehomed 9 week old Great Pyr female puppy. She is delightful. Short story is that she was purchased from a farm in Kentucky at the age of 6 weeks by a doctor. Unfortunately, the doctor works long hours and after 2 weeks decided that living in the crate for 12+ hours a day was unfair to her. We drove down to Kentucky from NJ and brought her home. She weighs 23 pounds and is about 9 1/2 weeks. She is our first Great Pyr and just wanted to make sure that is a healthy weight. She is eating Diamond large breed puppy food. Teething has been awful so far and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sasha is my pyr
02-09-2016, 05:34 AM
Hello All -

We just brought home a rehomed 9 week old Great Pyr female puppy. She is delightful. Short story is that she was purchased from a farm in Kentucky at the age of 6 weeks by a doctor. Unfortunately, the doctor works long hours and after 2 weeks decided that living in the crate for 12+ hours a day was unfair to her. We drove down to Kentucky from NJ and brought her home. She weighs 23 pounds and is about 9 1/2 weeks. She is our first Great Pyr and just wanted to make sure that is a healthy weight. She is eating Diamond large breed puppy food. Teething has been awful so far and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

At 12wks Sasha was 23lbs...so I'd say your ok. I'm no expert myself since we just got her. As told by the vet...you should be able to feel the ribs not see them. Was around 9wks that we started on 2cups per feeding as she was looking for more. As far as teething goes...we have been taking some of her toys and freezing them...others we have been soaking in water and freezing..seems to help. Other than that...Patience patience patience. If she is chewing on something she shouldn't....quickly switch to her allowed toy when she takes that..... followed by praise like she just save the world.

atgenatt
03-29-2016, 09:45 AM
At 12wks Sasha was 23lbs...so I'd say your ok. I'm no expert myself since we just got her. As told by the vet...you should be able to feel the ribs not see them. Was around 9wks that we started on 2cups per feeding as she was looking for more. As far as teething goes...we have been taking some of her toys and freezing them...others we have been soaking in water and freezing..seems to help. Other than that...Patience patience patience. If she is chewing on something she shouldn't....quickly switch to her allowed toy when she takes that..... followed by praise like she just save the world.

Just wondering how big Sasha is now? Our female pup Finlee will be 4 months tomorrow and she is weighing about 47-48 pounds and stands almost 21" at the withers.... She is starting to look massive in size but still very thin - I can easily feel her ribs. I do not know how big her parents were as I only have a picture of them sitting down.. Is she too big? She does not eat a lot.

atgenatt
03-29-2016, 09:46 AM
Just wondering how Sasha is doing?

Sasha is my pyr
03-29-2016, 05:16 PM
Sasha is doing great thanks. She gets bigger I think everyday. I'm thinking at just over 5 months she is well on her way to 60 lbs. her body is thick(not fat) and putting on weight steadily, but not too much. It is funny though because her body right now does not seem to match her head which seems fairly small compared to her body. Still with the teething and sometimes she has some discomfort but normal and manageable. At her age now...really understanding the Great Pyr hugs.:RpS_love::RpS_love: How is your puppy doing?

atgenatt
03-30-2016, 12:58 PM
Sasha is doing great thanks. She gets bigger I think everyday. I'm thinking at just over 5 months she is well on her way to 60 lbs. her body is thick(not fat) and putting on weight steadily, but not too much. It is funny though because her body right now does not seem to match her head which seems fairly small compared to her body. Still with the teething and sometimes she has some discomfort but normal and manageable. At her age now...really understanding the Great Pyr hugs.:RpS_love::RpS_love: How is your puppy doing?

My girl Finlee is just 4 months today and she is growing like a weed. I swear each day I wake up and she grew another inch. She goes to the vet tomorrow but on our scale - she is 48 pounds and measuring almost 22 " at the withers but her back end is probably another inch taller. She is driving us crazy with the constant in and out... she comes inside and then wants to go right back outside. Does Sasha dig? Finlee if left alone for more than 10 minutes outside, will dig something up - quite frustrating =( She is a total love bug and the Pyr paw is quite amusing.... Finlee's head does also appear small compared to her evergrowing body...

Sasha is my pyr
03-30-2016, 04:04 PM
My girl Finlee is just 4 months today and she is growing like a weed. I swear each day I wake up and she grew another inch. She goes to the vet tomorrow but on our scale - she is 48 pounds and measuring almost 22 " at the withers but her back end is probably another inch taller. She is driving us crazy with the constant in and out... she comes inside and then wants to go right back outside. Does Sasha dig? Finlee if left alone for more than 10 minutes outside, will dig something up - quite frustrating =( She is a total love bug and the Pyr paw is quite amusing.... Finlee's head does also appear small compared to her evergrowing body...

No digging yet...and hopefully she does not. Right now our yard is not fenced so she does not get left alone anyway. Funny about the head size...assuming it will catch up.

Christi
03-31-2016, 03:36 PM
They go through awkward gangly stages, just wait till the Don king hair style stage! Apollo at now 18 months old has destroyed the back yard with is digging. As to the in and out all the time, do you take her for walks? Granted they can't do miles yet, but a nice 30 minute walk can do wonders for this. My boy is far older and can handle longer more strenuous walks and we do about 3 to 5 miles a day, weather permitting. I try to change up the route we take to help him stimulate his mind. They like to sniff around and get to know the area around them.

Rebbetzin
04-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Cherokee is almost 18 months old now. And I didn't think he had
grown very much in the past few months. But if you study the
Comparison photos you can see there are some subtle differences
in his size.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2016%20Photos/2016%20Cherokee/10%2015%2015%20to%204%2010%2016%20Front%20Door%200 1%20email_zpsasseg4ph.jpg

But when you look at one year ago...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2016%20Photos/2016%20Cherokee/4%2012%2015%20to%204%2010%2016%20front%20door%20em ail_zpstgwjdt6g.jpg

Windy
04-12-2016, 06:32 AM
Cat Stevens is now almost 2 years old her weight is steady at 80lbs. I picked her because I thought she would be small for a great pyr. Her bones were on the finer side compared to her litter mates. She stands 28 inches tall. I don't expect her to get any bigger. 80798079

Bens-dad
04-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Ben is just over a year old and is sitting at 94 lbs. She's only gained two pounds in two months, so I think she may top out at around 100. She's incredibly long and skinny. I'm not very good at figuring out her wither height(she moves around a lot), but it's about 26-27 inches I think.

atgenatt
04-13-2016, 11:45 AM
We do take her and our Golden Retriever on long walks (trying to get him to lose some weight - 117lbs) and she does tire out after those but on the days that we cannot do long walks - she goes in and out about 50 times. She is a constant barker so far and not quite 4 and 1/2 months old so i guess she will not grow out of that. She is about 55-56 pounds right now and about 23" tall. My golden is about 24" and she is very close... LOL Any advice on the barking? We go to the gym at 5 in the morning and let her out prior and boy does she let the backyard know she is outside..

Rebbetzin
04-20-2016, 08:35 AM
Cherokee got weighed at the Vet's office yesterday.
He will soon be 18 months old. He is 29.5 inches at the shoulder
and weighs 108 lbs.

He has grown quite a bit since he was a "not so tiny" puppy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2016%20Photos/2016%20Cherokee/4%2012%2015%20to%204%2010%2016%20front%20door%20em ail_zpstgwjdt6g.jpg

evilmidget
05-02-2016, 05:20 PM
My boy Baxter will turn a year old on May 9th, 2016. I took him to the vet today to get a weight and he's 96lbs and 29.5 at the shoulder. His dad was tall for a Pyr so I think Baxter will be too. I'm happy with his weight and he looks long, tall and lean.

Sasha is my pyr
07-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Cat Stevens is now almost 2 years old her weight is steady at 80lbs. I picked her because I thought she would be small for a great pyr. Her bones were on the finer side compared to her litter mates. She stands 28 inches tall. I don't expect her to get any bigger. 80798079

well, i feel better hearing that, Sasha is just over 8months and pushing 70lbs and maybe 28 at the shoulder(guess as i have not measured) so i guess a small great pyr is not abnormal.

atgenatt
07-07-2016, 09:38 AM
Our Pyr female puppy is just 7 months and she weighs 81 pounds and she stands about 27 1/2" by her butt and 26" at withers. She has long legs and is very lean...

Flamey
07-11-2016, 09:02 AM
So I'm new to this site and new to raising a Pyrenees puppy. I've had them before but just as adults . I have a 6month old pup who weighs 66.6lbs is that a decent weight?

Thanks in advance
:peaceful:

Sasha is my pyr
07-11-2016, 03:33 PM
So I'm new to this site and new to raising a Pyrenees puppy. I've had them before but just as adults . I have a 6month old pup who weighs 66.6lbs is that a decent weight?

Thanks in advance

Seems the weights all seem to be relative to the dog. Seen some bigger and have seen smaller. They will grow at their own pace. You want to be able to feel the ribs, but not see them. Sasha was about that weight around 6months. Now that she is 8months...probably pushing over 70. Welcome to the forum.

atgenatt
07-12-2016, 11:48 AM

Thanks in advance

We have a female Pyr who is 7 months and weights over 80 pounds but she is very tall and lean. As long as they are healthy - all is good!

Rena450
09-06-2016, 04:33 PM
Gosh, I feel like Lyric is a light weight - she weighed 68 lbs when we got her at 9 months. She just turned 10 months and weighs the same. I am feeding her Wellness Complete Health Large Breed Puppy - she gets 2 cups twice a day. Sometimes she finishes all of it, other times she doesn't ......... she's on the lean side, but, I hear that is good, Will try to attach a pic

Sasha is my pyr
09-06-2016, 05:14 PM
Well Sasha is a bit smaller than that. At the vets the other day she weighed in at about 63lbs. I think she will fill in some over time but the size of her might be it. Although...have read the the pyrs grow til about 18months so who is to say. As long as you can'see the ribs its all good.
As far as the eating goes...Sasha would eat three meals a day. Now...usually just her meal at night. They will eat when they want...and with the heat...sometimes not even that.

SebastiansMom
09-06-2016, 05:28 PM
You should be able to feel the ribs without too much effort. You should not be able to see the ribs.

Christi
09-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Well Sasha is a bit smaller than that. At the vets the other day she weighed in at about 63lbs. I think she will fill in some over time but the size of her might be it. Although...have read the the pyrs grow til about 18months so who is to say. As long as you can't feel the ribs its all good.
As far as the eating goes...Sasha would eat three meals a day. Now...usually just her meal at night. They will eat when they want...and with the heat...sometimes not even that.

Actually you want to feel the ribs, but not the space between them. You also want to be able to lightly feel the hips. Any more than that and they are actually a little to weighty. Apollo grazes lightly throughout the day, he is free fed and I rotate a few different foods. If I don't he loses interest and doesn't eat much at all. I would estimate that he eats maybe 2 to 3 cups a day, is now 2 years old, and weighs 124 pounds. I can feel his ribs easily and if i press I can feel hips. My vet feels he is at a good weight and is happy and healthy. Now as the weather cools he does eat more. I should also add that I cook my dogs a stew and they get a cup of that on top of kibbles every other day.

Sasha is my pyr
09-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Actually you want to feel the ribs, but not the space between them. You also want to be able to lightly feel the hips. Any more than that and they are actually a little to weighty. Apollo grazes lightly throughout the day, he is free fed and I rotate a few different foods. If I don't he loses interest and doesn't eat much at all. I would estimate that he eats maybe 2 to 3 cups a day, is now 2 years old, and weighs 124 pounds. I can feel his ribs easily and if i press I can feel hips. My vet feels he is at a good weight and is happy and healthy. Now as the weather cools he does eat more. I should also add that I cook my dogs a stew and they get a cup of that on top of kibbles every other day.

You are very correct. Not what i meant in the first post. I did go back and edit. Thanks.

Jewel
09-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Both Sasha and Luna sound like they are well within the normal size range for bitches. Both of mine were no bigger than that at the same age. My first one was 65 lbs at 10 months when we got her. Bijou was 59 lbs at about a year old. They were both well within breed standard.

Sasha is my pyr
09-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Both Sasha and Luna sound like they are well within the normal size range for bitches. Both of mine were no bigger than that at the same age. My first one was 65 lbs at 10 months when we got her. Bijou was 59 lbs at about a year old. They were both well within breed standard.

I'm very glad to hear that, was starting to think she was small for her breed. Good to know she is normal size.

CassandraS
11-18-2016, 01:26 PM
My male pyr/akbash mix Arlo went to the vet on Monday. One week shy of 4 months and he weighs in at 40 lbs.

Kingston
11-19-2016, 08:29 PM
My male is 5 and a half months and weighs 69 pounds!

a601mom
02-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Ike who is 75% Pyr 25% Anatolian is almost 10 months and weighs 104lbs.

Rarader43
03-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Baldr is 44 pounds at 12 weeks

S.conard
03-04-2017, 08:55 PM
I was glad to read Romie's size at 10 weeks. I was worrying our Pyrenees pup wasn't growing enough. She weighed 13.6 lbs at 8 weeks, but doesn't seem to eat as much as I thought she should. She just reached 9 weeks today.

eljuko
03-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Our little girl was 92.6 lbs (42 kg) at 7,5 months. Now she's 8 months and probably a bit bigger :)

George
07-28-2017, 11:03 AM
Max will be nine months on Monday. He is about 26' at the shoulder and weighs about 88lbs.
Does anyone have any idea of height at full size and that would be attained?

atgenatt
07-31-2017, 12:00 PM
My female is about 18 months... weighs 118lbs and stands about 30" at withers...
We just got a male puppy and he is currently 12 weeks and about 34 pounds.

Perky
07-31-2017, 05:12 PM
My 'Buddy' weighed in at 43.7 today - 4 months old, will be 5 months in one week. He was 19 lbs at 12 weeks.

21 3/4 inches tall

Mel
08-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Jax is 9 months and 94 lbs

Pushover4Pyrs
08-20-2017, 05:30 PM
Koda my male puppy weighs 30 lbs are 11 weeks. I am doing BARF diet and still trying to find the right mixture to make him happy

atgenatt
09-13-2017, 10:10 AM
My male is 4 months and 1 week - 63 pounds and very long legged.

Erniesmommy
12-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Ernie is a pyrenes mix mom was full..he may be retriver father?? Ernie is 39 pounds at 14 weeks n 19 in height.his baby fur is falling oyt n hes turning lighter

Erniesmommy
12-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Ernie is a pyrenes mix mom was full..he may be retriver father?? Ernie is 39 pounds at 14 weeks n 19 in height.his baby fur is falling oyt n hes turning lighter

George
12-02-2017, 10:40 AM
Max is a runt lol but we love him now 12 months and quit growing around nine months. He is not a big eater. We have tried everything from cheap to expensive as well as raw and cooked meals and meats. He is just picky. About 28 to 29 inches and last weighing 88lbs. We are hoping he will get to 100 in time? Height wise i think he is done. If anyone knows more anxious to hear from you.
Very healthy in all other respective ways . A bit over protective especially when in the car which he loves.

Jewel
12-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Max is a runt lol

12 months, 28"-29" tall and 88 lbs is not a runt by any means. He is still a teenager and thus his structure is still developing, and so you can expect he will broaden and thicken up in the next 24 months.

My Ren is 14 months, 28" tall and 83 lbs. He loves to eat but I carefully control how much he is fed. He's thin but our vet is very pleased with his body condition. It's possible he can grow another inch in height in the next year. I think his body should lengthen as well. My guess is he'll probably end up somewhere 90-100 range. The males in his breeder's line are around 100-110 range.

Donald
12-03-2017, 10:39 AM
This whole weight thing gets confusing. My Achilles weighed 114 pounds at 10 months and at 11 months he weighed in at 112 pounds. His father, a working sheep ranch dog is 138 pounds. I guess exercise has a lot to do with it. My two GPs have the run of 6 fenced in acres and stay out all night by choice, making the rounds and barking. Have no idea how he could lose weight but there it is. The two GPs are well fed twice a day. Go figure.

George
12-05-2017, 06:12 AM
I did not mean to convey the fact of Max being small is upsetting. We love him and he is almost all respects a great dog. Our last GP of about 30 years ago was 33' and 175lbs so by those standards we consider Max our runt. LOL

Erniesmommy
12-19-2017, 03:02 AM
Ernie at 17 weeks now is 47 lb.pyrenes mix