PDA

View Full Version : How calm is your pyr pup?

Jewel
05-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi all,

Lately I have heard a number of comments from other pyr owners about how calm their pyr puppies are. Well, I am raising my third pyr, and none of my pyrs have been "dog rugs" as pups. My first pyr dug out and tore to shreds 10 yards of soaker hose as a puppy. The second destroyed at least a dozen dog beds, including a Tough Chew bed guaranteed by Orvis to be virtually indestructable. The third, our current puppy, ate our rose bushes among many other things. All have been constantly busy and require daily walks to be manageable.

What are your pups like?

baxeckert
05-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Hi Jewel,

I have to laugh at your post because I too always hear the "Gentle Giant" term and read about this members Pyr is so calm, or that members Pyr is just so sweet and quiet. And I'm always thinking - AM I THE ONLY ONE WITH THE CRAZED PYR OUT HERE??? Our Bear is 8 months and he has so far: chewed off our bathroom door molding, pulls my flowers out by the entire plant, dug up one of my flower gardens, slinks into where we keep our recycling and rips away with a plastic bottles whenever he can, counter-surfs constantly, steals whatever he can from our sink, destroys sponges whenever he sees them, steals shampoo bottles from the bathtub area and chews them to smithereens...the list just goes on and on. He has had puppy training and does wonderfully on the leash, and with sitting/laying down, but he gets into everything he can! We live in Maryland and we rescued him from Alabama. He was the last one of the litter left at the rescue, so we weren't able to pick a more docile pup. He does make me crazy at times, but I wouldn't trade him for anything! :)