PDA

View Full Version : Eating concern

Cheech
03-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi, I am new to Pyrs, just adopted Noggin 3 days ago, everything is working out well, except she has not eaten dog food in the 3 days. She will eat table food put won't touch dog food. The pound recently change the brand of dog food with all there dogs& her bowel movements were a little soft, but better now. I have owned dogs most of my life and sometimes it takes some time for a dog to adjust to a new family, surroundings etc. B ut I am stilled concerned about her eating. What do you think? Do all of you feed your pyrs, dog food? I was thinking about maybe feeding her homemade meals with a supplement. She is approx. 110lbs, how much food should she be fed, she' is a beautiful dog with healthy hair and skin & I want to keep her looking that way/ Thanks in advance for everyone's input :)

risestar
03-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Sounds like her last owner fed her just people food and not dog food. I would mix the dog food with some cottage cheese for a bit to give it added appeal and then slowly wean out the cottage cheese

Portioning varies to the dog, but start out with about 3 cups and go from there. Most dogs will portion themselves and then you will have a better idea of the amount to give them