PDA

View Full Version : Great Pyr and TV

ragingbull83
01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
I was watching Tv earlier today and there was a guy that got shot in the movie all a sudden my Pyr starts Barking like crazy and jumps at the TV like he was going to help?

Anyone else experienced this? Kinda makes me feel good that hes got that Guardian running strong in him.

vin63
01-26-2009, 10:33 PM
My Pyrs only pay attention to the TV if there are birds flying across the screen since chasing the crows and other birds is their favorite pasttime outside.

barb hatcher
01-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Just a few nights ago, a woman let out a blood curdling scream on TV and our female pyr went off...she let out a bark that I've not heard often. That was a first. Made me feel kind of good too.
Barb

jim.myers
01-27-2009, 08:41 AM
When Zoey is awake she likes the Animal Planet. Hey barb are u in Cynthiana, Ky if so I went to school in Millerburg.

Jim

barb hatcher
01-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi Jim, No, Cynthiana IN. I got my pyr in KY tho. When I go to work, I leave Animal Planet on also for my 2 dogs, Katie and Bootz, hoping they will see how good they've got it, lol

2ndPyr
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM
We replaced our old Zenith t.v. at Christmastime, to a 42" plasma and Sebastian just then started noticing t.v. too, to the point that I'm afraid he's going to run up to it and paw it and mess up the screen :eek:
And yeah, he has barked at it on several occasions.

ragingbull83
01-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Thats Funny to hear LOL great Stories guys.

I got a 73 in Midsubshi tv yea i know thats not the correct spelling but you get the idea LOL hoping he doesnt put the 173 pounds of him against it either LOL

Better
Bolt that new Plazma up high those things are easy broke.

We just got are First Big snow of the year here in St Louis yesterday like 10 inches but George is so used to the good life he doesnt want to go out side for more then a few min at a time and before i owned him he lived his whole life outside tending sheep. Dont know Guess I spoiled him

2ndPyr
01-28-2009, 03:28 PM
:rolleyes: oh my goodness ragingbull! Your Pyr too???
I've said before that ours travels with us on our truck. We have the necessary APU (alternate power unit) on our truck so we can stay warm or cool and not run the truck. It's vent is right at the floor under our bunk and he'll be on the bunk sound asleep....when he hears that generator come on...he wakes up ... waits and when that heat or a/c starts to blow out he just like that jumps down on the floor and he's a happy puppy.

Well I thought that surely the a/c would be the thing he would love most, because it comes out COLD and the heat he would hate. NOPE he loves both.

He hasn't been able to play in a bunch of snow yet b/c it snowed after we left home this month and everyplace we've been there hasn't been much snow yet.

I can't wait to play in it with him...he has such a funny sense of humor, I'm sure he'll have us laughing hysterically.

jim.myers
01-28-2009, 05:02 PM
RAGINGBULL83
I sure wish you kept your snow in St. Louie. It dumped 12 inches in Cincinnati. All my Pry. wanted to do was go outside and make snow angels.

Jim

Willow
01-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah, we got 13 in Souther Indiana, and my Pyr experienced "snow" for the first time. She has seen flurries but I had SO much fun with her outside. I don't have kids yet, so, she's my baby and it brought so much joy to see her so happy and having fun.

She loves to sniff my snow angles. She's confused about why it smells like me.

ragingbull83
01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
LOL I didn't mind it that much I have a skidloader at the house made a little extra cash that was a hell of a snow storm were suppost to get more next week.

I tried to take George for a ride on the Bulldozer today when i cleared the snow off the jobsite he didnt like that to much I scrached the ears a little and he finally laid down by me.
Think the owner design guy at Caterpillar has a Great Pyr to because there was plenty of room for him to lay down and strech out by the operators seat with out getting in the way of the controls.

George likes the mud dirt when i got him back in the truck an hour or so ago he was top to bottom covered in mud.

Hes a construction dog dug a few holes better then i can with the Backhoe in the back yard :)

2 PYR do you have an over the Road truck or a regular one? Thats very funny to hear about yours.

I have a Dodge 3500 Cummins Quad Cab thinking i might get the same set up for my Pyr. Usually can get him on a machine with me though or if im working on a house ill let him roam.
Can never talk enough about um best dogs in the world kicked out by the office chair as i speak LOL

Love to hear more about you guy's Great Pyr's? ;)

2ndPyr
01-30-2009, 07:32 PM
LOL.....RB I think that Sebastian needs to spend some time with George. But first to answer your question, we're in a big truck with a sleeper. Sabby's favorite spot is the passenger seat while running the highways. That's another funny story.

But we have almost constant nose marks on the passenger window and always dry drool on the door from where he rests his head and sleeps while we're driving. He's a great riding partner....never a 'backseat driver' ;)

He has to "SIT" on the seat though, he's not allowed to stand (cause we can't see out our right mirror if he stands). And he has been standing on occasion and gotten some laughs.

So anyway......he's afraid of forklifts, and he would for sure be afraid of backhoes, bulldozers....all of it. He's still quite timid...but better than he was. That's why I say he needs to hang with George so George could show him it's okay.

Kris